Cultivated Reef

Kate's 10g

NanoKate

Just thought i would post a couple pics of my tank, any comments, advice, or feedback of any type is welcome and appreciated.

specs:

see my signature

full tank:

DSCN0019.jpg

by BTA's that recently split:

DSCN0009.jpg

cleaner shrimp:

DSCN0006.jpg

unidentified coral:

DSCN0004.jpg

thanks for checking it out :)

Nifty setup, looks pretty cool

your unidentified is either a hammer coral, frogspawn, or torch coral

i am pretty sure it is a frogspawn but not 100%, im sure someone else will correct me if im wrong

Originally posted by smokez01

Nifty setup, looks pretty cool

your unidentified is either a hammer coral, frogspawn, or torch coral

i am pretty sure it is a frogspawn but not 100%, im sure someone else will correct me if im wrong

I'd say torch.

thanks for the compliments and the ID guys!

yea about that clay pot, its my clownfish's home.. i had him in a different tank with the pot, so i moved it to make the transition easier, and now im afraid to take it out.

its only a few months old, so im hoping to get some more polyps or that the ones i have will spread. but so far i am very pleased :)

Looking good. It's a frogspawn btw. Nice coloration. I see your cleaner shrimp are like mine in that they like my capnella aka Kenya Tree Leather.

I'd say leave the pot for the clown. Eventually it will get covered in corraline. ;)

the magic flowerpot? lol the magical clownfish lives there... sometimes the cleaner shrimp tries to invade, theyve had a couple scuffles so far, they dont really like eachother much...

oxinyourbox, i was thinking frogspawn too- its starting to develop more "dots" (dont know the technical term here) on its tentacles.

Tigahboy, i went with the open look because i wanted a good sized sand bed to hopefully have a small clam at some point in time.

thank you everyone for your compliments.

i was thinking about adding a small skimmer to the modified AC 500, probably something DIY. if anybody has any ideas let me know...

sweet set-up. i really like the look of that tank. very clean and simple. thats my plan for my next tank. yea its frogspan alright. torch is ussually more dark and has brighter green tips. good luck with your tank.

torch, it doesnt have the multiple light spots that a frogspawn would only one at the end of the feeler (for lack of abetter word)

looks nice, but it makes me miss my cleaner shrimps, boo hoo, sob

Archived