Pod Your Reef

It's alive!!! 102 watts arrived... Check out the pics....

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hey guys,

Can you believe it, I officially have 102 watts of lighting in my 12 gallon nano cube deluxe. That means 102 watts divided by 9.5 gallons that are H20 in this tank. That would give me 10.73 watts per gallon rule.

That makes me a happy camper. I haven't gotten the chance to take a lot of pictures since I'm so busy with other stuff, but I had to give my reefer buddies a small sample.

Here is the first pic taken with auto mode.

z7gbb

This one is done with manuel mode.

z7ggw

Here are my digital timers.

z7gig

And lastly, here is a picture of the monster Chris built and I put in.

z7gk7

Stay tuned for more pics...

Mike

p.s

Chris thanks for all your support and thanks for bringing us nanocustoms to our homes....

PS.. No flaming guys.. But Mike, I'm sure your clams gonna be happier too. From the pics, it looks like the mantle is pretty thin and "reaching" out. I think youll find later, that it will thicken up nicely..

Chris

Very nice Mike. I just bought an Olympus digital camera. Though it got best buy marks in Consumer Reports, the manual focus sucks big time. What camera are you using?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hey reefers,

Merry x-mas to all, and thanks for the compliments. It's been a long year with the birth and maturation of the nano cube. I'm so happy to have the power in such a small tank. It's just so much easier to maintain.

To answer the question on the type of digital camera, it's the Canon S500, my wife got if for me on x-mas. It's manual mode is fun and easy to play with, because you can see the results before you snap the picture via the display.

The macro mode is decent but not as great as other digital cameras I have seen. The ones with super macro are really cool and Olympus makes those.

My canon can take video too, and it's only limited to how big the compact flash is. It comes stock with a 32 meg which is nice, 91 seconds of video for 320x240. I purchased yesterday 256 meg Lexar for just 42 bucks on sale.

That gives me 738 seconds at 320x240. That a good amount to play with and have fun. And I did pick up an extra battery, man they last a lot. They got high rankings in this department.

I can also answer the question on the digital timers, they are about 9 dollars a timer at Target.com. They work awesome, you can program them to go on and off as many times as you want in a 24 hour period. Simply put, I mix and match my hours with all my lights, to get the perfect simulation on my reef inhabitants.

I did cut down on the hours of exposure with the introduction of more lights, to get them acclimated to the new power. They are trully loving the extra light, especially the clam.

I'll post so more pics tommorrow, just ran out of time today.

Mike

Very very nice Mike!

Newbie here...I have been lurking the forums for some time and decided to sign up tonight. I received my anxiously awaited 12G Nano Cube for christmas and will be lupgrading my lighting

(2x32 watt, Actinic and moonlight. I have had the site bookmarked and most likely will be ordering mine where you got yours. I have a lot to learn yet and am not going to rush. Maybe I can speak with the people who set you up, to better understand what matches my needs.

Your tank looks great keep, it up!

10 Boring Gallon Tank

6 guppies

3 Neons

1 empty 12 Gallon Nano Cube, still under the christmas tree

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Raven,

Check out my previous post, if you missed it, here's the answer, Target.com. They are made by Timex and are only around 9 dollars a timer...

Late,

Mike

sorry - I'm a little new to the board and missed the thread. Did a quick search on target.com and didn't see 'em. I'll hunt some more. They look perfect for what I need. I've got limited space and the smaller the better. Thanks for the info.... ;)

Uuuugh - sorry to be a pain, but I just spent about 30 minutes looking around targets site to no avail... If it wouldn't be to much trouble could you post a link?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hey Raven,

Sorry you were having a hard time finding the timer on Targets website. I did look also and didn't see it. But I purchased it at the store not online. It's located at the appliance section, where your find replacment bulbs and power outlets etc.

I did find the link of the brand and you can see from the link, that it is located at target and lowes. They are wonderful timers and in my opinion the best I've had, I hate those dial up ones,,, too complicated and not as accurate...

Here's the link, good luck:

Mike

http://www.timex.com/other_products/timers/

Archived