Cultivated Reef

OK im gonna ask!

mrabolli

pfft hell... I would have a huge house of course, and then in my backyard I would have a huge pond type thing with thousands of pounds of lr shipped in, and I would live somewhere hot so I could keep the system up all year. I would have a ton of mangroves and a nice sandy beach. in front of the pond I would have a stone staircase that went underground, and I would have the pond built into a huge glass viewing area (like at zoos or seaworld.) My saltwater pond would be so big that I could get things that arnt even necesarilly reef safe, then it would be a big ecosystem. I would get sting rays and cowfish :) I would get state of the art skimmers, and water circulation devices. I would have TONS of anenomes and I would have an area set up for seahorses. On top of that I would get tons of rare corals, and TONS of fish.

ok back to reality :(

oh yeah... I would have a little island in the middle with powder white sand and a nice little palm tree. I would ALSO have a huge underwater cave constructed.

hmm maybe a jelly fish would be cool ;)

Originally posted by Shaz

pfft hell... I would have a huge house of course, and then in my backyard I would have a huge pond type thing with thousands of pounds of lr shipped in, and I would live somewhere hot so I could keep the system up all year. I would have a ton of mangroves and a nice sandy beach. in front of the pond I would have a stone staircase that went underground, and I would have the pond built into a huge glass viewing area (like at zoos or seaworld.) My saltwater pond would be so big that I could get things that arnt even necesarilly reef safe, then it would be a big ecosystem. I would get sting rays and cowfish :) I would get state of the art skimmers, and water circulation devices. I would have TONS of anenomes and I would have an area set up for seahorses. On top of that I would get tons of rare corals, and TONS of fish.

ok back to reality :(

nice man,

hell yeah, id love to swim in MY OWN ocean/reef. :)

haha the sad thing is... I dont even have my tank yet, I am such a wanna be lmao! I have my 50g and all my equipment, all I need to do is hook my closed loop up and I can FINALLY order my LR and I can be a reefer haha

I'll go more realistic... I'll take a giant tank (like 500+ gallon) as a wall to my house (which would be very large)... Then make it a 2 sided reef slope. And, of course, I would have moorish idols. A school of them. Oh yes. How grand it would be! ;)

id have a huge white-house style mansion.. the main reception would be a 40 foot high cirular room with marble floors and oak board-room style walls. in the centre of the room a huge column aquarium would stand, 40 feet high with a liverock and coral column in the centre of the tank. It would measure 5 metres or 6 in diameter. Also there would be sofa-seating area around the perimeter of the aquarium (basically cirular sofas).

Another dream would to be like shaz... maybe a better example would be typoon lagoons shark lagoon... damn i got scared, i hate being in the same water as fish, im actually scared to touch them and yet im totally mad about this hobby lol.

If money were no object...I'd just build my house on a little island in the S. Pacific with a little fringe reef around it. If I wanted a tank...I'd just toss a 125 or something in the corner...go out and pick up the rock myself...plumb it right out to the ocean in my back yard. I'd keep some fun little things inside..and if I wanted to see anything else, I'd just throw on my dive gear and head out into my "backyard".

Cheers,

Fred

With money being no object, I would be king of the world and all its oceans would be mine. Mother Nature does a better job at reefing than any of us ever will...8-) I would just sit back and watch...

I would have my own bar in my basement with a fully stocked bar, Plasma tv's(with PS2 and X box), pool table, couple of nice bar stools and a nice 500 gallon reef tank. WOW, what a dream.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

To obtain this dream, just get stranded on the island that Tom Hanks was on, in the movie cast away....

Mike:)

hey shaz, i had the exact same idea, even down to the the viewing area and sandy island with a palm tree (so similar its scary) . But mine was in a green house type thing so that you can keep the temp and weather perfect.

Originally posted by FAC_WNY

If money were no object...I'd just build my house on a little island in the S. Pacific with a little fringe reef around it.  If I wanted a tank...I'd just toss a 125 or something in the corner...go out and pick up the rock myself...plumb it right out to the ocean in my back yard.  I'd keep some fun little things inside..and if I wanted to see anything else, I'd just throw on my dive gear and head out into my "backyard".

Cheers,  

Fred

i think i would go with that idea except with a few mods. i would help my reef along by buying tons of frags and putting them throughout the reef around my island. i would also get tons of different fish to add the area. maybe 30 of each would do(it is the ocean and i have no limits)

I wouldnt do a 500 or 600 gallon one because my fish store has one and i dont think it would be that spectacular with a limitless budget.

Archived