SaltCritters.com

Clownfish needs help

willi

I have a true perc which all of a sudden seems to be losing its white color from the stripe on her head. Its turning a greyish black really fast. Is she sick or will this go away? She act normal and is eating like a pig. PLEASE HELP!!

I just fed her and when she eats the color comes back but not as well and when she is done it disappears again. so far my nitrites are 0 and my pH is normal. still waiting for the other tests.

I've never heard of that issue.

but- for some reason my clownfish's eye has a bubble over it-

I dont know what the problem is, but it seems to have got bigger scince I have changed him into a new tank-

I remember once I bought a Half Black Angel (dwarf). I thought it was a great addition to my nanocube.. until one day I saw it had that bubble over its eye. I did a few water changes (about 40% worth of water) and within a few hours it went down. It wasn't eating though which had me a little worried... then the inevitable happened. I found him dead in my tank the following morning. I was a bit disappointed - but I guess the pop eye was just foreshadowing what was going to become my fish. :(

Saltwater fish do get popeye and what I did this summer to treat them at the LFS was to put them in quarantine again and use melafix. It usually took a week, but the melafix did a pretty good job and if you have a quarantine, use it! Be careful to monitor ammonia levels as they can sometimes get bad in quarantine.

Archived