Innovative Marine Aquariums

Help the troops.. Nanocustoms Modded 3.24 Auction Announcement

nanocustoms.com

Chris-

That's really cool of you.

BELIEVE me, calling home can get really expensive for our troops, and staying in touch with loved ones is of utmost importance for morale.

You might earn more $$$ for the cause if you raffled it, for say $10 - $20 a ticket or so... I'd definitely buy a ticket or two.

An unbiased reefer ;) ,

Joe Mac

Chief, USN

bah.. Its not the money.. If i can get more for it, the better. I am a member of a military family. Unfortunately, Im also about 5' 6" buck fifty, and am better suited over here as a civilian..

Those boys are over there fighting so that guys like me an hold our own and better ourselves..

If I get jack for the tank, so be it.. I have already purchased some cards using my USAA insurance dividend.

Chris

Chris-

I miss understood the strategy. I was thinking that the money raised was going to the calling cards... not a set amount.

Bravo zulu then.

Joe Mac

No, sorry for the confusion.. WHatever I sell that complete system for is my donation amount..

I have already donated from my personal accounts. This would be from nanocustoms.com..

Chris

jenniebutterfly

i just have to say thank you for doing soemthing like this, i have had my husband taken twice once for afghanistan for 7 months, then six months later he went to iraq for 15 months. if i had the money i would bid, but the army life is not a rich life money wise so i will help out the guys and girls over there with what little i can, i do know that the post office here and most likely everywhere else are accepting phone card dontions to send to the troops as well :) jennifer

Thanks Jennifer,

Sometimes as civilians, we forget the job that our friends and loved ones are doing for us around the world in times of war and peace...

I feel fortunate that we live in a country where you have the freedom to choose what role in society you will play. Those young men and women chose to be there in harms way so that we can be on the internet talking/selling/yelling about reefs. What a world..

Anyways, to make a long story short, I have been touched by devotion these volunteers have made to their country..

The bidding will end at 12 Midnight tonight. Also, the DX will be a Second Edition, good for up to 102w (and more...)

Its only going for 175 right now (sorry joe mac) and thats a steal...

Chris

Yea I was over there for a year and an 1800 minute phone card would last about 15 minutes on our sat phone we had. I just want to personally say thanks for doing this it really means alot to see people step up and do something instead of just saying you support the troops.

Sgt. G

US Army

Now it's up to $225.

Looks like I'll be staying up later than I should/wanted to tonight!

Hey, Chris, can we end the next auction on a weekend so that I don't have to stay up until midnight on a workday (and so I can drink beer all night and do some crazy bidding)?

But its still a steal! (Wow, a pair of near homophones... cool)

Way to go Sarge, glad your back safe... and hope you get to stay for home for a long, long while.

Joe Mac

I wanted to order the cards at midnight and get them to the troop by XMAS.. Sorry.. YOu have already contributed tons JOe.. I look forward to building your monsters (ok making the parts so you can...)

Chris

Thanks joe mac Yea I hope I get to stay home too. We just have to try and let the troops know that there are people here who care about what is going on in their lives and that we support them 110 percent.

ccjung-thank you again

Sarge-

You, of course, ARE the "troops"...

And more than anything else I could ask for or want for Christmas is to know that YOU know that I and all of America support you!

AND appreciate your sacrifices.

I'm kinda embarrassed to admit it, but I was only in Baghdad for about three weeks last year... not much water there for a Sailor, and not much to do for a paper-pushing Sailor like me! X) :blush:

BUT, I sure am glad that I got first hand experience as to what y'all are doing over there. And what y'all are giving up for the rest of us every day that you are there.

It's a god awful, sandy, hot (but very cold in the winter) nearly desolate place with ZERO "luxuries" (like flushing toilets - well there are some rigged-up in tents, but they stunk much more that the porta-toilets that are around, so I usually used them instead).

Anyway, I don't want to get anyone "down", just want everone to understand that this kind of thing is much more than just being away from home for a year or so (which is, of course, huge in itself), but that it is about sacrifice and giving of oneself for others.

It's all about what Christmas is: GIVING... giving to others... 365 days a year!

And I REALLY appreciate your generousity Sarge. So do my two girls and my wife.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

Joe Mac

Sometimes as civilians, we forget the job that our friends and loved ones are doing for us around the world in times of war and peace...

Or we disagree with it ...

Joe mac Yea it was really hot in august it was 150 degrees and near freezing in jan. I got to come home for leave last year and the first thing I did was flushed the toilet and then stood there and stared. It dosent matter wether you were there for a day or a year you did your time, and I salute you.

Hwarang You dont have to support the war, that is what makes this country so great. But the soldiers didnt decide to start the war they just carry out the orders like they are told, some of us dont agree with the war but we do our job. :)

Well, first let me say I don't want to disrespect the soldiers, or mock their ideals simply because they differ from mine. In fact, I'm a big supporter of our armed forces, in spirit at least. We need soldiers. Plain and simple. So they have my thanks for doing that job, whatever the job may be today.

One thing I do disagree with, however, is the notion that a soldier is blameless in war. Being a solder does not free you from the burden of moral responsibility. People always say, "if you're against the war, support teh soldiers anyhow!" ... I call shenanigans. It was their decision to enlist. It's their decision to follow every order, even if they disagree with it. In fact, if memory serves me, it's actualyl a soldier's duty to NOT follow any order they know to be illegal, immoral or unconstitutional. The army's own legalese reminds us that even a soldier has the free will necessary to judge his actions. So, in this case, I think each of the soldiers is committing murder under false pretenses ...

But I don't want to fall into this argument. I understand that not everything is black and white. It's not so simple to change the course of a nation, the path of an army. I mean no disrespect towards our friends in danger. I don't think they are bad people, they are simply wrong in this case.

-me

This isnt to comment to you Hwarang.. Everyone is entitled to thier own opinion..

But my the times have changed....

In the 60's and 70's, someone like me would be scorned for being a "draft dodger" or "1A deferrer.."

Now the boots on the other foot, where the person who do not serve are critical of those who DO..

Regardless guys, we are all americans.. Its the freedom of decisions that makes this country so wonderful (even with all its flaws)..

Chris

As far as I could tell this was a thread for auctioning off something to raise funds to give our armed forces phone cards while they are serving our country overseas. Hwarang, have a little respect and don't turn this into a thread to get your political views out there. There is absolutely no need for you to voice your opinion here, as it was not the intention of this thread.

And It was.. Congratulations and Thank you to JOE MAC for winning the auction at 235.00..

The proceeds were immediately donated to the USO. Thanks guys...

Chris

Archived