Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NYC reefers

nanoid

Do any New York City resedents want to split an order of live sand and rock from an internet dealer.

I am looking for 12lb of cured fiji rock, 5lb live sand, and 4lb garf grunge.

We could have it shiped to one of our homes and meet to split it up. Hopefully we will save on the per lb price and shipping cost should be reduced.

I have heard alot of great things about paragon aquatics, their rock is VERY expensive ($6/lb) but i have heard that it is worth it for a nano and they hand pick the pecies as per your specifications. Also flying fish express is alot cheaper if we buy quantity of their premium rock.

see my tred below this one if you are interested in my plan but if i had somone to split my order with i would do it all now.

Thanks

fwiw, if you get into jersey check out underwater world in roselle park. he's pricey but the best quality around. starting out you may want to cherry pick LR and livestock. he's the only lfs i know that labels when his LR shipments come in right on his tanks (btw last shipment was 10-4-02).

saltwaterfish.com has some good pricing now and then. exoticfish.com seems to get very fresh stuff.

If I could do it again, I would spend the extra money and buy lr from a lfs. Being able to pick your pieces is not only good for buying pieces with plenty of life on them, it lets you buy pieces that you will be able to work with when it comes to aquascaping. My lr order produced 3 huge pieces of rock that take up a ton of space.

I'm going to be converting a 55g mbuna setup to a reef, but that's still a ways off, otherwise I'd take you up on that. I would agree with Tiny & Crakeur- try to get your rock locally. With the small quantity you need going into a small space, you'd be better off to hand pick the pieces yourself. I could point you to a few good places in Jersey if you like- but I don't know if you'll do much better than $6/lb. for premium rock. Cost me ~$70 for my initial load of rock for my 10g, but I got the sizes, shapes, and look I wanted.

For sand, check out the NYC thread in the Lounge. We're getting together Oct 27. I have ~25lbs of Southdown you'd be welcome to. And I'm sure you could get a few of us to bring you a scoop of our sand to seed it.

Archived