Top Shelf Aquatics

White cones??

qristeele

Picture didn't show up... but from the discription it sounds like it could be a type of sponge... i get white cone shaped sponges all over my tank....

see if you can get the picture to work so we can be sure

Hmm.. Nope, they are not growing interlaced with each other. In fact each one is an individual piece.. You know like how you will roll a piece of paper to form like a funnel kinda thing? That's pretty much like it.

Forget it, I gotta get to work so just do a search on nudibranch eggs, and you'll see plenty of pics. BTW, I wonder what kind they are! Maybe the ones that eat Aiptasia! Anyway, there is about 10K to 100K in each cone, so I don't know what might happen w/ the larvae (not to mention the Cuisinart effect from the powerheads/filters)

Originally posted by Prunfarm

Anyway, there is about 10K to 100K in each cone.

Ouch! Urrgghh.. What do you think I should do, yeah? Pluck each one of them out? X)

Good question! Me, I like reasons to start new tanks, lol, so I'd probably do a small rearing tank w/ just a sponge filter (just for Sh!ts and Giggles). You could try to contact a local city aquarium, and see if they are interested. Other then that, I'd probably take'em out - chances are you will get more! Anyone else have any ideas?

Archived