Cultivated Reef

"Strawberry Blue Coral" Looks more like a type of sponge

RandomLetters

RandomLetters

BSC.JPG

What is this? My boss is trying to get in new unique things and has never seen this on the wholesale list before, So he figured he would try it. Can't find any information on it as this is probibly a name the wholesaler made up. Anyone know what it is?

RandomLetters

Thanks guys Ill let him know yea when they arrived the heads were clear and blew off but 3 days later they were completely back, pretty impressive

Move it away from that slipper coral and the bubble.

I "think " they are non-photosentic also, so try to move it into a shaded area. they MUST be fed, this much I know for sure about them. They like all sorts of microfauna IE microvert ect ect.

They will develope a white mucus membrain all over their body if they get sick or injured, and pop off their heads. But as you already know, they are like a feather duster in that their heads grow back in a few days.

They also go by Lylpop tunicate and blue stalk tunicate.

There was one on ebay up for auction a while back.

I cant find the scientific name though to save my life.

I only found 1 other picture besides yours on the web.

VERY HARD TO FIND TUNICATE. RARE ( in th U.S anyways).

What is he asking for it? Price I mean and does he ship?

RandomLetters
Originally posted by unsped

i just dont see those surviving in a nano tank

Yea I have no interest in it, it sits now in a 150 thats 18+ years old. If you guys are looking for them ill ask him the price and check up on shipping but it probibly wont be worth it, I'll post next from work as he has a comp there.

RandomLetters

It's not as bad as my camera makes it look but yeh he doesnt take care of the tank like he should and theres nothing I can do about that, But powerheads he has 6

RandomLetters

One has 6 "stalks" the other one has 11. 35$ and 40$ + Shipping. If you guys are still interested post your zipcode and ill try to get you a price on shipping.

45212 for the 6 stalker.

The scientific name of the tunicate is:

"Nephtheis fascicularis".

Originates from the shallow reefs of Indonesia .

Featured in Julian Sprung's Invertebrates Quick Reference guide page 229.

RandomLetters

quotes from usps.com:

Express Mail Overnight to most areas $17.85

Priority Mail 2 Day(s) $4.90

I have no idea if there are any other included charges for shipping live "animals"

These will be thermos packed in a small box with packing peanuts unless you want it done another way

Archived