Coral Vue Hydros

Damsel color change??

JSinger884

your fish have a sort of mood thing ok. When fish are stressed thay usually become a dark colour almost black on some. So in your case it could just be content.

rocket

photo receptive camo. they are stressed OR are Bright as to dominance. its a pecking order thing too. perfectly normal. ALSO O2 levels affect them... dark.. LOW o2. happy fish are Bright fish.!

What could be causing the stress?? the yellowtail damsel is the only fish in my 30 gallon tank...how do i test and get rid of low 02?

dude.. Bio 101.. increase water movement... or add an airstone. stress in captivity opposed to open reef life needs time to adjust to even fer a damsel.. how would you react to a 24 X 80 foot enclosure after being able to roam free all yer life???

i have found fish are usually always light or almost colorless in the morning...must be something to do w/ thier bodies at night...i wouldn't worry about it.

Lunchbucket

I have a Blue Devil damsel that sometimes turns almost jet black (no exaggeration) with white/grey spots. Any clue as to why? I think I know but want to see if anyone else has heard or seen this before I release any more info.:P

DogfacePuffer

My blue damsel is a lighter blue in the morning and then a darker blue in the afternoon and night. Usually after feeding, it gets darker.

Archived