Coral Vue Hydros

Pygmy Cherub Angelfish

EtOH_is_good

Hehehe! Thanks Maria! How cool! I guess I've been MIA for way too long and didn't realize you got a Cherub. I just posted a lil update on my thread and am going to hopefully post some pics soon. I think your Cherub is adorable! :D But yeah...I would like a "bigger" fish that is active...and the fact that they will nibble algae is great too. I have a little GHA here and there...no a big problem, but still annoying...and might be a good lil snack for one!

I would def recommend one...I have had mine for atleast 4.5 months and I have never seen him nip anything in the tank :)

I even started with some SPS in the tank and nada...he loves the extra room in the 29g

Cool...I'll probably look into tracking one down at my LFS next week...I'll let ya know how it goes! I originally wanted a lemonpeel, but after researching found out they can really be little buttholes, haha...so that's when someone recommended a Cherub.

• 3 years later...

Fun personality, very cute. No problems. He stays mostly in the bottom areas although he does investigate the rest of the tank once it's lights out.

I believe these things stay pretty small.

fVbPUwy.jpg

• Like 1

Fun personality, very cute. No problems. He stays mostly in the bottom areas although he does investigate the rest of the tank once it's lights out.

I believe these things stay pretty small.

fVbPUwy.jpg

Nice picture of your Cherub!

• 11 months later...

I know this thread has been resurrected several times but I have been thinking of getting one of these little guys. I have a clam and a mixed reef that's leaning more towards the stonie side.

Please give updates or any personal experiences!!

I know this thread has been resurrected several times but I have been thinking of getting one of these little guys. I have a clam and a mixed reef that's leaning more towards the stonie side.

Please give updates or any personal experiences!!

I had one that never touched coral, 3 weeks after adding a clam he was pestering it pretty bad.. got him out of the tank that night.. still sad I had to get rid of him, he had so much personality.

Yea that's what's caught my interest in them. I read that they are a great addition to the tank, with the downside they may pick at your corals and clams.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
Infinite0180
On 1/6/2018 at 9:18 AM, jambon said:

Have had one in my 20 fusion for a month. No picking at sps or lps. She picks at live rock for ???. Highly recommend one of these cherubfish.

Any update on your cherub? I have the same tank and have been considering it in awhile when my tank has matured a bit. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

no issues with mines and its been 5 months already but they are super territorial and have stressed out new additions to my tank i.e. lubbocks wrasse

Infinite0180
11 hours ago, gsechen said:

no issues with mines and its been 5 months already but they are super territorial and have stressed out new additions to my tank i.e. lubbocks wrasse

How is it with the tank mates that were already in there?

my other fish was just a clown so he doesn't bother him since clown just stays near his euphyllias.  I should have added the pygmy last.  

• 7 months later...

Looking at trying a trio harem in my Caribbean biotope. Anyone else here have experience with a harem? Also, does anyone have experience with Cherubs and bottom dwelling/rock dwelling gobies? I know I want Green Banded Gobies, but would love to have the Cherubs too, just don't want to cause issues for my GBGs. 

• 9 months later...

My Cherub has been a model citizen so far. He hangs out in a cave that the watchmen goby has a dwelling as well. Sometimes I see them quarrel a little, but nothing terrible. As for picking at corals he has not shown an interest in anything other then the live rock that has diatoms or algae. 

The tank is a 25 Lagoon and my livestock is 2 clowns, a watchmen goby, peppermint shrimp, and cleaner shrimp. The Cherub was the last fish added in the system so I think that helped with aggression a lot. It's a great swimmer, super active throughout the rock work, always investigating. Probably my favorite fish.

DSC08098.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 8:43 PM, BKATZ1 said:

My Cherub has been a model citizen so far. He hangs out in a cave that the watchmen goby has a dwelling as well. Sometimes I see them quarrel a little, but nothing terrible. As for picking at corals he has not shown an interest in anything other then the live rock that has diatoms or algae. 

The tank is a 25 Lagoon and my livestock is 2 clowns, a watchmen goby, peppermint shrimp, and cleaner shrimp. The Cherub was the last fish added in the system so I think that helped with aggression a lot. It's a great swimmer, super active throughout the rock work, always investigating. Probably my favorite fish.

DSC08098.JPG

UPDATE: My cherub acquired a taste for Acans... I came home from work and a few scans were tore up. He was bulling the watchman goby more then usual and when I looked... he was missing an eye. I gave him one more day and when I came home today more chewed up acans and my branching hammer was completely closed so I assume he was poking around there as well. I didnt want to risk the coral anymore. I was extremely lucky netting him first try, while feeding, so I took it as a sign and he is back at the LFS... super bummed but things went south so quick. I guess it's a roll of the dice which temperament you'll get with these little guys. He was my favorite fish for sure.

DSC08187.JPG

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2004 at 12:10 AM, Brumania! said:

Has anyone considered African Flameback angels? Does anyone have any experience with them? Seems like almost the same fish except the yellow extends along the whole back, but don't know about behavior.

I just purchased One this past Tuesday, within a half hour in my isolation tank she was picking at the PVC Pipe to eat the Algae. Ive have also been feeding it Frozen Angel Formula. 

5BCF4C19-2E27-4814-AFCC-F99BA9785F66.jpeg

F3699317-8391-40E7-AACB-DFC4AD1513C2.jpeg

• Like 1