Top Shelf Aquatics

white filament-y thing swimming around

cbitter

My new 12g is 5 weeks old and cycled. About a week ago I added two hermits and a few snails, but they seem to spend all their time behind the rocks and I rarely see them.

What I do see is all the strange life on my LR. Last night I saw something about a half-inch long that looked like a piece of frayed white string darting around. It swam in the current for a few seconds, then darted into a hole in the LR. Definitely not like the 'pods I often see on the rock.

I'm trying to get a pic of it, but so far no luck. Any ideas what this might be? I'm not really worried about it; just wondering what it is.

Originally posted by Bikelock

Could be a spaghetti worm.

And could be a sign you need to learn to use the search button. And then ask a question

Or it could be a sign you are a jerk and he was just asking a question, no need to get an attitude about it. Why even respond?

I've been lurking on this site now for about 4 months learning what I can before setting up my reef tank. In that time, I've performed hundreds of searches rather than post numerous inane questions. I’ve also read what, even as someone new to reefing, I would consider a ridiculous question to post… I don’t think my question above falls into that category.

I’ve also noticed just how many knuckle-dragging jerks there are on this site: self-important buffoons and ne'er-do-wells with entirely too much free time. You “Bikelock” certainly fit the bill.

Cbitter:

actually he gave an answer then told you you should use the search button the same questions over and over again get in the way of good threads and are very redundant. look for stuff with the search tools here. the two buttons at the top of the page that say discover and learn? why do Idiots skip those two and go straight for the third one that says discuss.

Bikelock, how is he/she to search for the information if he/she doesnt know what they're looking for.- you didnt give further advice you were simply being flaming biatch- cbitter may have really needed to know what he/she had in their tank, being a newbie myself i sometimes worry if the critters i have are harmful or not. ebin good point about the learn thingy... i always miss that one out...

Originally posted by ebin

Cbitter:

actually he gave an answer then told you you should use the search button the same questions over and over again get in the way of good threads and are very redundant. look for stuff with the search tools here. the two buttons at the top of the page that say discover and learn? why do Idiots skip those two and go straight for the third one that says discuss.

STAY OUT OF THE BEGINNER FORUM IF YOU DON'T LIKE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by drg0nzo1

STAY OUT OF THE BEGINNER FORUM IF YOU DON'T LIKE QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh I am sorry but If he really searched and coulden't find this I am suprised he could turn on the computer. This question has been asked 1000 times. another one that gets me is the feather duster question or how bout the pod question. what kills me is they all have the same title on the threads! questions are fine but at least try to help yourself out its pure laziness.

gee here is how easy searching is! found this in like 2 minutes so suck it with your "I searched" crap!

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...=spaghetti+worm

Hmmmmm go ahead and defend but the fact of the matter is this site is very easy to find info on. or you can be a lazy ass and rely on others to hold your hand. Next you will want me to come change your water huh!

Edited by me.

Sorry for the tone.

I search not only this site but many other sources for a ID. Especially since I do not have pics. My quest for the same answer a year ago.

cbitter, Like you know as did I, a similar question had been asked at some point. You are not the first person who has this in their tank. You say you have researched, so I would assume that you would know where to refence pests or hitchikers and get a positive ID to what you have.

Why I also research.

You learn a ton more information about you hobby in your search to find the answer to a specific question. By searching you will read about a ton of other stuff you did not ask, know, or think of. Well there is my rant.

Well may just be me, but I like reading all this stuff, it really is fun.

Wow would you talk to someone you like that that had a question. That kind of sarcasim and flaming is plain stupid. He came here to ask a question about a worm. The whole point of these forums is for questions and discussion. To just post and say you stupid for asking such a newb question in a beginners discussion forum is just plain rude. Don't reply at all unless you have something constructive to say.

BTW I don't usually even waste my time replying to this sort of thing, but this was to much

Listen people... they can ask a freakin question if they want... I mean every answer will be a bit different as far as the persons situation goes, and if you arent willing to help them individually you can shut the hell up or leave.

I'll do what I can, but if you arent going to HELP, which is what the BEGINNERS forum is FOR, then dont visit.

Boy you all sure can abuse a newbee.. makes it real hard to ask questions. You say do a search etc but haven't we all had a friend, wife, mom dad whatever that didn't even know how to print the page must less do a search. Maybe he searched for worm or noodle thingy or whatever and got a ton of responses and now has to narrow the search so he got frustrated and just asked. I agree with some that if you can't be civil in the beginners forum then you don't need to reply .:angry:

Next time think before you type!!

Archived