Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Best fish for 2.5 gal

Rayscopes

you can keep a small bull`s eye mushroom,and some inverts only fish i can think of is a neon goby, althoug ive seen a clown in a 1.5 gallon before w/some corals

I'd go with some nice shrooms (or those tiny anemones the one guy is selling on RC) and some Sexy Shrimp. Add some other corals, like zoas, etc.. if you can find a frag small enough.

Here's my 2.5 setup

2.5 all glass display

sump/fuge

26W (1 atinic X 1 10k)

cooling fan

drilled with 1" hole

5lbs of LR

Inch of sand bed

Livestock:

Red head goby

1 sexy shrimp

1 fire shrimp (soon to be sold)

orange ricordea

4 types of zoos

frogspawn

3 types of shrooms

1 scarlet

1 turbo snail

Its Florida crushed coral on the bottom. The tank is an "Aquacube". The light does fit perfectly between the top frame of the tank. There is a plastic cover on the front of the tank with a convenient 1" square feeding hole in it. I did buy a piece of cut glass to go under the Coralife mini light. I have a Whisper Power Filter 10 on the back and a submersible 25W heater inside. I was thinking about getting more LR but didn't want to take up too much room for a fish. Maybe a little more LR? Still not sure about a fish.

i think a red headed goby (or something similar) would be ok :) they don't contribute a lot of bioload and most stay around 1.5'' ...your choice, but as others said, no fish is best!

Yeah...I'm currently building a pico (~1 gallon, less with LR/sand) using ONLY the (small) rocks the (also small) corals come attached to. No fish in that one, sadly.

Still, fun stuff.

--B

Archived