Coral Vue Hydros

45 gal tank update

Wobach

Hi, today i went out and bought some new corals for my reef, lol i cant name them off the top of my head, one of thems a mushroom rock, i was offered a blue mushroom rock and i was tempted when told theyre rare but for the price Id have rather bought a big coral! sorry, i forgot to clean the tank glass after the corals being put in, some of them are also closed because ive been handling them!

ill be upgrading my lighting to 3x 36 watt t5 ligts soon, presently i only have one 36 watt t5 and two 18 watt tubes!

adam

Pili4444 i really im not technically minded when it comes to aquariums! all i have is a strong internal filter and a powerhead, its been goin fine now for 3 monthsish. The water has always been stable, and it prooves that the cleanup crew, the live rock and the live sand are doing their jobs...

I may save up for an external canister filter though.

Those are Banggai Cardnals one of the easiest fish to breed. They mouth brood the young and when the father spits the young out they are big enought to take BBS. I love em. I would have to agree with Travis on this one take out the macro algea and add more frags. But Trav I do and dont agree with you on the Cardnals thing. I love the Banggais but i dont like the other a whole lot.

O sorry forgot to mention u should frag up the zoos or put them in the middle. The colony is so big that it draws the eye to it. While the other corals are so small compared to it it just doesnt look good IMO but once again nice tank

the pinkish coral that looks to be flopping near the bottom is now open, As for the colony of zoos, the guy in my LFS recommended that i ripped them in 2 but theyre a large clump but i kinda like em like that, they actually make up the shape of the structure, also if i were to rip them appart i would be removing my firefish AND my sixlines home.. they live underneath, it kinda makes a cave with the rock its on. Also when you see the pink coral opened up its around the same size and it really doesnt take all the credit, infact the first corals i notice are the bright pink ones! The bottom purple coral still hasnt opened and im worried, when open theyre like star polyps but browny purple, ive forgotten their names, darn it. As for the macro algae ill fight this out to the end, I LOVE IT! i think it makes the tank look more natural, as it grows outta the sand, it can take over once and a while but i just pull it out, i recently halved it!

i like the tank, and the cardinals- i'm trying to set up a similar looking tank in a 55 (my thread is lagoon tank under gen. disc.) but it'll only have about 30g of water in it. i love the planted macro you have- that's somewhat the look i'm going for. always glad to see dodgy used in writing- i lived in sydney for 6mo. and really miss the dialect. do you know what a beer monkey is? i picked that up from a guy from manchester- one of my fav's

Phew, thats my lighting upgrade done, really i should have gone for metal hallides, but seeming as theres nowhere to hang them or mount them to, i had to go for t5s.

3x 36Watt t5s, mounted to guttering, with holes drilled for ventilation, it works quite well, my corals are already perking up.

comments are welcome!

nightime in the tank... im considering adding a small goby, perhaps a clown goby, im definatley adding a peppermint shrimp due to my apstasia growing at the bottom of the tank.. im wondering if it'd be okay to add a cleaner shrimp and a peppermint?

Archived