Top Shelf Aquatics

fish acting odd

d2700

my sixline wrasse is swimming very funny today. He's constantly in an upright position and it looks like he isnt using his tail fin at all. It's like the lower half of his body is paralyzed and he seems to be getting thrown around by the current alot (this didnt happen before). my params are ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates 10, ph 8.2. Please respond ASAP---urgent--- Also, I dunno if I'll be able to get him out, he's a fast bugger.

hmmm well he wont swim as fast if he isnt using his tail then???

also, sorry i know this have nothing to do with convo... but my friend said sixlines may sleep in caves at night... is this true?

Yea, they slep in caves. Is there a cure for lateral fin disease (if that is what it is). He is eating fine, just hes kinda all over the place. He's still a fast little bugger too.

You know what sucks I was all excited to get a 6 line for my tank. I get it home and the next day its dead I was so ####ed....The guy at the LFS just grabbed one without me looking at it....man it sucks

My friend that had the clown with Lateral Fin Disease says that the clown had it for about 4 months and it went away by itself. I dont know if having it that long is bad but it cured itself. That's weird though. I think that you can do a search on the disease and it should give you detail information.

Archived