Top Shelf Aquatics

Help needed: Corals are fighting...

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Okay guys,

I need your help on this one. As most of you know from my pics my nano, is packed with corals. My frog spawn is in the middle, directly behind him is my plate coral. To the right of the frog spawn is my torch coral and then to the right is my elegance coral.

Well, my elegance is sick so he doesn't bloom to max size and he's far away. The frog stings the torch every now and then but there is no swelling ever.

But with my plate, you see mucous at the end of the day. And he spreads out left to right rather than down towards the frog.

I'd have to get a bigger tank to accomodate everyone. I should've stayed smaller and now that my parameters are really good, everything expands bigger than when they were at the LFS.

My question is this: Does the plate heal from this each day. Can he live through this on a daily basis? He seems to expand fully each day gets his hits and then at the end has those visible bumps. But during the night he retracts everything looks okay and the next day it's the same deal. I'm concerned about him, just the plate coral. The others don't get any visible signs.

thanks,

Mike

I would try to move the elegance in order to not have this happen. It is not healthy for the coral to be stung especially by another euphyllia species which are agressive and have powerful stings. If you dont have enough space for all of them, I would remove some. Goodluck.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Thanks for the advice Regal,

You are the only one that replied back, I appreciate your response. I posted the same on www.nanotank.com and they responded quicker and I was let down by this board.

I guess I should have posted with greater concern. thanks anyway...

Mike

Archived