Innovative Marine Aquariums

rio 600, no bubbles for bak-pak

bigbenji

actually it's a generic pro-pak, but I bought a rio600 w/ venturi uptake and it worked fine for a day. I added a 3 inch extension on the intake just to hide the rio behind the LR. Ever since, I can get no air bubbles produced in the skimmer. I can blow in the airline and it works, I can hook up an air pump and it works, but it won't just draw air into the rio. I've cleaned everything about 4 times. I'm considering getting a maxijet, just because. Any ideas, and don't say try cleaning something. Yes, the air intake is completely open.

I still can't believe how loud this thing is. The cpr site says the mixing of air and water causes turbulence which makes the noise. I have no air in there, and this thing is louder than my dishwasher. Maxijet can't be this loud.

I just installed my BakPak last Monday with the stock pump and my wife is upset about the noise. I never expected it to be that loud. I keep hoping it's a break in period and it will get quieter.

scarletknight06

nope its pretty loud. my roommate only lets me run it during the day. so its on a timer that turns it off at night. i actually just upgraded to a mj1200 and it is much louder.

These things are rediculously loud. I'd love to put mine on a timer but I have my heater hidden in it.

I'm running a Maxi Jet 1200. It's completely quiet when the venturi isn't running.

I placed my heater in it also. I didn't test it before I inserted the heater so what happens when you turn it off? Does all the water siphon out?

Well, I bought a maxi-jet 1200 but that mother overflowed no matter what I tried. I shortened my extension and the rio's working fine. It's acutally a lot more quiet now that its working properly, its still loud, but less noisy. I just can't believe the way that maxi just pushed half my tank into the bak pak, we had niagara in the dining room. :P

Archived