Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

10 Gallon Long???

SpaceNano

Blind Tree Frog

The only comment I have is that a regular 10 gallon is 1/10th that price.

The extra 4 inches might be pretty, but at that cost I think i'd go for a larger tank.

A 10 gallon acrylic can actually be turned into something very nice. I have seen some nice set ups. I was thinking of getting one myself and placing it on top of my china.

wow that looks interesting! if i was limited in space i would try one of those guys out... a 70w MH would be perfect over that

BUT...i personally think if u don't have space, try to make space. bigger is better and you'll be happier you decided to go with a 20L (or 20 show). but that's just my preference. if u can't go any bigger, then so be it, get a 10g... :)

they won't know the difference between a 10g or 20g.

get the 20, and if they ever are nosey enough to ask, tell them it's a 10 gallon... non-aquarists are idiots when it comes to tank volume. dollar to a donut says that they can't tell them apart.

20g show + 150w would be ideal.

btw: for apt. complexes, go by this way of living: if you don't tell, they won't ask... never tell the apt complex the size of ur tank, just simply hint that u were "thinking" about a tank... but not sure if you were going to get one. this way they won't be as suspicious and strict.

Originally posted by uchiha

they won't know the difference between a 10g or 20g.

get the 20, and if they ever are nosey enough to ask, tell them it's a 10 gallon... non-aquarists are idiots when it comes to tank volume.  dollar to a donut says that they can't tell them apart.

20g show + 150w would be ideal.

btw: for apt. complexes, go by this way of living: if you don't tell, they won't ask... never tell the apt complex the size of ur tank, just simply hint that u were "thinking" about a tank... but not sure if you were going to get one.  this way they won't be as suspicious and strict.

they dont know alot already,

20g would be the snit. period!!

i think 10g would be better, for my situation.

we are hy_jackin your thread>

10G!!!

Man!! Do you guys ever seep??? j/k! Yeah, it is kinda pricey, which is why I was wondering if anyone know of one in glass. I think if I had to choose, I'd probably go with a 20 long, than a 15... something smaller would be much nicer, since I wouldn't have to wait til I move in the fall (basically in a dorm room right now). If anyone esle has any info on a better price or on glass ones, lemme know!

As for you chumps 'jackin my thread... well... I might do somethin' about it! LOL!

I agree w/ uchiha....they won't know what size it is...and if you got 20g in acrylic...it will probably weigh the same as the 10g glass...apt just worry about the weight of the tank and potential water damage to the floor boards due to spillage.

And since I like to follow the book these days, I actually followed what my leasing agreement/contract stated and asked my landlord if I could have a reef tank (the agreement stated that any pets must be ok'd by manager). When she heard my request, she actully laughed at me and said "aquariums and things like that aren't real pets...pets in the lease refers to dogs and cats." I was slightly offended, but since I could then go ahead w/ my project, let that one slide. =)

So bear with me on this... I don't brainstorm too often... but here we go.... so to save some bucks on this 10 long idea... I could get either a 10 or 15 g, then build a base that comes up kinda high on the sides, and put a deep sand bed in it... thus creating the panoramic look, without the pricey acrylic tank... watcha think?

How deep can the sand bed go before it becomes anoxic and starts killin' critters?

Oh...I wasn't trying to say you should get acrylic...to be honest, the weight of a 20g w/ either acrylic or glass won't be too much for a floor to handle...I was just stating that acrylic is lighter than glass....

So you could definitely get the 20g long...those guys have nice dimensions and a great price tag...I use one as my sump/fuge and it was like $40 max at Petco.

Blind Tree Frog
Originally posted by SpaceNano

So bear with me on this...  I don't brainstorm too often...  but here we go....   so to save some bucks on this 10 long idea...  I could get  either a 10 or 15 g, then build a base that comes up kinda high on the sides, and put a deep sand bed in it...  thus creating the panoramic look, without the pricey acrylic tank...  watcha think?

How deep can the sand bed go before it becomes anoxic and starts killin' critters?

FYI, a 15 gallon long looks like it has the same exact dimensions as the 10long save one. So you still get the 24 inch length and that 10 gallon long look.

Archived