Coral Vue Hydros

Start Shopping

paulus

Greetings!

I am returning to the hobby after about 3 years away (reef keeping that is) and I want to go 'nano'

Thing is I live in Bangkok , where due to 99.99% of the waters here being national parks, and most of the populous being pretty poor (I guess) starting my shopping list for my intended tank is going to be tricky.

I am looking for on-line (or otherwise) 'global' suppliers of live rock / sand, corals, salts and additives etc. I can get all the hardware here just not the stock.

Anyone have any ideas? Any good on-line suppliers?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

printerdown01

WOW, I think this is going to be harder than the nano in Chile! ;) Seriously though, has anyone out there found international suppliers for corals and things? A little trick, you may find that it is actually legal to remove sand and rock from certain areas... Your problem is going to be finding rock in those areas, so just bring your own! Seriously, drop it in the ocean let it sit for a month and it will have the bacteria that you are looking for (although probably not the color), you could also seed it with fragments of rock... A storm could easily disperse and burry your rock though. Sand is a lot easier! If you can find someone with a larger tank, they may be willing to lend you some small peices of LR to seed dry rock in your tank (it is really easy to get coralline algae growth started in nanos). I think your biggest problem is actually going to be lighting... so make sure you look into this :). You will probably find that you only have NO bulbs availible and possibly MH.

you may want to check Taiwan or Australia. i know a couple of reefers there keeping successful tanks but at major bucks. they're macrotanks though. i've also heard thailand has good coral supplies (softies). of course, there's the philippines market which is the lion's share supplier of stuff.

Archived