inTank Media Baskets

Aquafuge on 7G Bowfront

LSUtiger

Hello again. I have the day off courtesy of hurricane Lili, so I thought I'd post a few more questions.

- Does anyone have teh 12" CPR Aguafuge on a 7G bowfront?

- Are any modifications required to either the fuge or tank? If so, what are they?

- What other equipment do I need to get the aquafuge up and running?

- Is it worth even having, or should I use a HOB skimmer or something else?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Mark

no modifications needed. I have one hanging on an aga 7 gallon bow and it works great. the only thing you might need to add would be a light. Jalli makes a 13w pc that sits on top. I don't remember if I had to buy a powerhead for the fuge.

The downside is that nothing else can be hung on the back of the tank. Some will say that you can hang things on the back of the fuge, as long as it is resting on a stand, but I wouldn't mess around with that.

Shouldn't you be in hiding from Hurricane Lilly?

Thanks for the reply. I went back and read your reply to my earler post, and I see that you mentioned you had a fuge. I should have read closer I guess. : )

Do you keep your heater back there or in the main tank? Also, you said it didn't require modifications.....that includes the hood to the tank right? I don't have to cut it up any I'm hoping.

I'm finally going to hit the "buy" button tonight on all my equipment. I lost power here not long after I posted that last post. I'm near Baton Rouge, and we didnt' get much rain at all or wind for that matter. Around noon it got strong(er), but nothing too bad. That thing weakend by 45 mph before it made landfall, so everyone down here was expecting much worse. You're old town got hammered last week with rain, and then this thing came knocking again. I don't think it was too bad for them this week though...just local flooding of streets and some wind.

Thanks again for the help. I need all I can get!!

Mark

Actually, I believe you do have to modify the hood somewhat. I just received the 12" fuge for my 7g a couple of days ago, and the plastic cut-outs on the AGA hood do not accomodate the fuge return pipe.

I rest my lights on the tank frame. Currently, I have a 36w retrofitted into the aga tank light. My MH is supposed to be shipped back to me this week and it will rest on the frame in the place of the pc. I was using a 13w pc by jalli on the fuge but, with the light coming thru the window, it was too much so now I only use it on cloudy days. The jalli fits right on the frame of the refugium as well. One of these days I will take new pics of the set up and the inhabitants.

Archived