Top Shelf Aquatics

Haitian Anemone

exel170

Does anyone know what kind of special lighting a Haitian Anemone and a Flowering Tip Anemone require? Thanks. My Hatian's tentacles are dull in color, not a vibrant white!!!

Thanks again.

I may be wrong, but I don't think you want your anemone's tentacles to be white. White in photosynthetic marine organisms typically indicates that said organism is missing its zooanthellae(sp?) and will need to find/produce more or die of starvation.

As far as lighting goes, I believe that Haitian anenomes are similar to Condys and need a moderate amount of light. I kept a yellow condy in a 6 gallon eclipse with only 18 watts of CF lighting. I fed him 2x a week and he was quite happy. He perished when my tank crashed during a power outage, but did well in the above set-up for over a year.

tan = good

white - bad

you might want to do some reading up on anenomes. they need a lot of tlc. but can be very rewarding to keep. sounds like you have a healty one though. good luck.

Tempest is telling me white and Offsprg01 is telling me tan, guys please let me know. I feed them phytoplanton and Zooplankton. Is there anything else I can feed them to change it up some. Also white or tan = healthy.

Thanks again, Sorry but getting totally two different answers here from totally two totally opposite end of the spectrum.

Thanks again.

No problem. You may want to consider feeding the anemone small pieces of silverside, PE Mysis shrimp or other meaty meals. If the anemone doesn't like it he'll spit out later, but mine loved all of the above.

I feed mine Brine Shrimp and he loves it. When I bought it at LFS the anemone was more white than tan, but got a nice tan after a couple of months. I have a 20G/L with 130W of PC's and they seem to be under that.

But I was looking for a mouth and couldnt find one where is it and what does it look like. Thanks guys for the information. Also where do I get silversides?

I do

By the way I fed my anemone a silverside, was wild my wife was watching me and the little guy robbed it right out of my hand. Was the most amazin thing.

Thanks guys for your help.

• 5 weeks later...

I have had a small hatian pink tip in my stock nano cube...(well stock lighting) for about 4 months now, it has done noting but grow and eat...its colors look good so i assume it is healthy...BUt it is just getting too big for the tank now...its going to be the 29g or back to the fish store soon unfortunatly.

Archived