Innovative Marine Aquariums

maintenance on a 10gal reef.......

staticx1134

what is every ones maintenance on their 10gal nano?? or 12gal?? what do you add to keep your corals thriving?? or do you just do water changes?

Eddie:P

well i change my water every 1-2 weeks and feed phytoplankton sometimes....feed my fish occasionally and give them the correct light. thats about it

Sounds good to me. I have toyed with a few other things like foods such as coral heaven and others but have found that light feedings, proper lighting and a weekly water change is more than enough to keep a good tank going strong.

Weekly clean glass,pick any garbage out,and 25% water change with water from my LFS reef show tank.

Daily feed fish/cleaner shrimp and every other day put in phytoplankton for duster s etc.

topoffs daily or every other day

weekly or biweekly water changes

occaisional internal filter use with charcoal or Phosguard

2.5ml B-Ionic 3x/week

~1ml Boyd's iodide 2x/week

feed the corals MicroVert 1ml 1x/week

feed the leather coral about 1ml Phytoplan 1x/week (read somewhere that some softies actually eat the stuff, and the leather coral has tripled in size in five months, which is why I continue using it)

note that I've cut the number of coral feedings so I'm not feeding the aiptasia farm quite as much.....

1. change 1g water when i see bubbles collecting on the water surface (~1x weekly)

2. bi-daily feeding of most corals w/phytoplankton, ground up fish food & occasionally hatched baby brine.

3. occasional dosing of kent's tech cb 2-part calcium supplement (getting ready to try B-Ionic instead)

printerdown01

Water changes: 10% every 1-2 weeks (Coralife salt)

Top off: Whenever I see the need

Additives: Sea Chem's Reef complete .5-1 ml twice a week

Food: DT's .5-1 ml everyother day, Feed fish and gorgonia 3 times a week (on occasion, 4).

Most important of the above: fish food and my 10% water change, eveything else is just extra ;)

Archived