Coral Vue Hydros

newbie advice

scubasteve247

scubasteve247

i live in florida and love saltwater fish.

i have a eclipse 12 and want to go nano, i had it set up as a sucessful saltwater tank before, i had a blue chromis, hermit crab, three tide snails and a feather duster, i recently got some live rock, and feel like i already made a mistake, it had come directly from the ocean, the guy had it in a bucket and didnt cure it so i have lots of lil stuff crawling around on it like a small spider crab, i belive its sea hare, or spanish dancer, you know the ones that secret a purple toxin when stressed. plus theres some small white things moving around, some kind of worm(looked like a white earthworm) and thats all that i see right now.

does anyone have any advice, should i remove it and cure it, or what.

any advice in particular for a newbie

Just leave it in there and make sure your ammonia doesnt sky rocket. Doesnt sound like you have anything bad....Those worms are probably bristle worms. They eat detirtus and left over food

I would just cure the rock yourself until you are satisfied that the harmful live rock hictchhikers are out of it. You can use a garbage can and a powerful pwerhead with a heater to accomplish this. Goodluck.

Archived