inTank Media Baskets

Tank Size for Beginner?

damikester

Well I am one of those that thinks a nano cube is a waste of cash unless you wanna keep it stock.

I started with one and think what I could have if I was smart and built my own aga system. i have shared that thought before and got blasted for it but hey They really are a basic half ass reef tank.

Build your own setup dude it will pay off in the end remember metal halide!

Agreed. Unless you're keeping your cube stock, get something else. The stock DX though isn't too terrible. I wouldn't describe it as "half-ass." It's got to be at least three quarters.

--B

Ebin: you and I seem to think eye-to-eye across the board. Every post I read from you is definitely on point w/ my perspectives. I don't know what the point was for saying that. but yeah.

Uglybuckling: clear your PM, dude. I know you are a popular guy, but after my 10th attempt to PM, this is a little ridiculous! LOL. ditch the groupies and let me get a PM thru!

Kappa:...I just don't know what to say to you. *shakes head* hahah.

I appreciate all the opinions I've gotten. I've got a couple more months until I make a final decision and will continure to read, read, and read!

BTW, Natural Reef Aqauriums is the only saltwater reference I've got so far. As far as I can tell, Tullock suggests a tank of 20 gallons or more for the novice marine aquarist. He also says something smaller can be done, but with rigorous attention to maintenance chores, and appropriate specimens. I guess that part's on me.

Mike

Originally posted by damikester

I appreciate all the opinions I've gotten.  I've got a couple more months until I make a final decision and will continure to read, read, and read!

Yes read! Its been almost a year and Im still reading with a 4 month old tank. So yes, read, read, read. When your tank is set up, its a different story. Its going to be more like wait, wait, and wait. Patience is virtue in this hobby. Good luck.

Ohnestly, I think I screwed up in this hobby starting with the nano cube because I bought it before learning of nano-reef forums. I should have started with a .5 gallon cute acrylic cube tank w/ 9 watts.

Archived