SaltCritters.com

Tang in a Nano Cube?

Nateair

Anybody thinking about putting a tang in a nano cube, or have put one in there? Once i put fish in i was thinking about a Goby and Clown and possible a tang if its feasable.

tangs get to large and need a lot of space to swim, so they will not do well in a nano reef. if you had a 45 gallon+ sized tank, you could keep a tang.

well, even if you buy a "small" one, it will get large FAST, and since they like to swim, ALOT, it will add WAY to much for the bio-load for your cube, I am sorry but it simply shouldn't/can't be done.

why don't see if you can get a cherub angel, they are somewhat like tanngs and are verry beautiful IMO. They also sta SMAll, under 3"

It is stupid to put a Centropyge Angel into a nano. Not only is this way to small to accomadate a healthy dwarf angel, dwarf angels are notoriously known to nip at corals. I say that you would need at least 55 gallons to house a dwarf. I also would say that a tang needs at the very least 80 gallon long tank to it to live healthy. A Yellow tang requires the least amount of space and you could barely put it in a 80 g. The rest of the tangs need at least 150-180 gallons for them to live healthy. There are so many other fishes that you can consider for a nano. Please do not buy a dwarf or tang. Goodluck.

In my personal experiences, the 2 best things i have added for algae are my snails and my lawnmower blenny.. I know hes an "ugly" guy, but an excellent algae eater, give it a few days to acclimate, and the algae will be gone..

Snails go to work ASAP..

Just my 0.02..

Archived