inTank Media Baskets

How to do a fish only nano

FCLymond

Hey all,

This may not even be the right thing to ask here, but I'm hoping the flame to answer ratio is at least somewhat favorable...:P

I've just come into an Eclipse Six tank, and I'm thinking of doing some kind of fish-only setup. I know some people have used these tanks for corals and inverts, but I don't want to mess around with the lighting that comes with it -- that picture of the Eclipse that melted is still burned into my brain, pun intended.

What is involved in setting up a fish only marine tank? Do I use gravel? Sand? What kind of fish would work? Can I use the bio-wheel filtration that's included? What other equipment would I need (e.g., I clearly need a heater...)?

Or is this just not worth it, and I should plan on using the tank for tetras or something like that?

Thanks,

FCL

I basically have a fish only tank with the exception of a small colony of green star polyps , two blue leg crabs, one Astrae snail, and two Ocellaris clowns. Tank has been setup for one month. I have ten pounds of live rock and about a 2" depth of aragonite. I'm running a skilter 250 with the media in it, without the charcoal as my nitrates jumped up to 30 due to overfeeding. I change out one gallon a week, but may go to twice a week and feeding the fish every other day. Hope this helps. My lighting is two 18 watts, one blue and one white. The tank is from commodity axis.com. Hope this helps.

Archived