Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Q's about feeding

Jezze

Ok, Im not sure if I am physically feeding my tank right.  Heres my inhabitants: 6 scarlet legged hermits, 6 astrea snails, 1 big snail(not sure what he is.. hes about 1.5 inches wide), a green chromis, and a peppermint shrimp.  Heres what Ive been doing.  Every night.. about 30 -45 mins before I turn off the lights, I drop a few slivers of a formula 1 cube(maybe a fith of a cube) into a small cup with tank water.. let it thaw a little, then stir it up to break everything into small pieces.  Then I just dump it into the tank.  The chromis swims around eating only the floating pieces(he wont touch anything thats fallin onto the rock or sand.  The peppermint shrimp jumps on a few of the larger pieces.. and the crabs and snails eat the other chunks as they find them.  Heres my questions.

Am I feeding them enough?  will the sponges and feather dusters get food through this process?  What about the food that doesnt get eaten right away?  its always gone when I turn the tank lights on in the morning.  Should I be feeding more often?

Thanks a million guys(and gals).  You all helped make my tank possible ;)  

Archived