Cultivated Reef

Tempature Questions for Nanos

BAYSLAYER

Ive been thinking about getting the 12g Nano for a first reef tank but I keep getting mixed reviews for it. The LFS told me that they werent that great due to the wide range of the temperature from the lights, they said it would get up to like 90 degrees and then would drop down to room temp when the lights were off and it would kill all the coral in the tank, I dont know if if she was talking about the new model (DX) with the two lights or if she was talkin about the old single light model. I just want to know which one I should get and am I going to kill coral with the tempature fluctuations? Thank you.

if there is too much heat, adding a fan will help. don't remember seeing that most cube owners having that problem. if it is too cold add a heater. can easily stabilize a tank with a heater (79-82).

EtOH_is_good is correct. Get the nanocube with the fans. If you get one without any, then install them. And get a heater. The two combined additions will stabilize the temperature of the tank. I installed 2 fans and put in a heater, and my tank stays 79-80 constantly.

Archived