ReefCleaners.org

2 false percs!...a green thing?

ProFlatlander15

ProFlatlander15

hey guys, i just got my first ever saltwater livestock 2day....a juvenile pair of ocellaris...Archimedes and Arial. theyre bout 3/4" long, and swimmin good. also, on another topic, i have a green 'bubble' on my LR, it almost looks like a button polyp...im pretty sure its not, it is 1/8 inch offf the rock, 1/4' in diameter, and brown 'tentacles' w/ a flourescent green center....anything, sorry no digital camera

Aiptasia or Rock Anemone can get out of hand because they split really fast. There's also a Rock Anemone from the caribbean that is called something else. I don't know if they're related, but I do know that Aiptasia are considered pests by many... peppermint shrimp will eat the small ones.

Well personally I've never had them as a hitchicker but someone here told me that they can reproduce easily and start stinging corals. They can grow out of control, but honestly I dont have them.

Yeah, their sting packs a whollop, so there is the danger of stinging corals (even fish) and doing some real damage. They do reproduce pretty fast and can be a real PITA to get rid of once they get established. If I were you, I'd get rid of it ASAP. There are a few different ways, Joe's Juice, injecting with kalk paste, injecting with VERY hot water, throwing the rock into a nuclear reactor, etc.....

YEah trust me get rid of it... also a note ... false perculars cant handle alot of stress such as you going inside the tank moving everything around ... that an high water flow they like everything nice an slow.

ProFlatlander15

my pump is throttled down..., i dont think the flow is that strong, they look like they are doing fine...should i take out a powerhead? and if so, what do i do about corals then, arent they supposed to have high water flow?

Archived