Cultivated Reef

Can i

gogoyo007

For good water quailty you should not have any levels of ammonia, and nitrites. The nitrates show be kept as low as possiable. Is your aquairum recently set up? If so it sounds like its cycling. I need more information then what you are posting to figure out what going on.

Yeah its almost 4 weeks old i have to mollies in there to bring the ammonia levels up. Bt my ammonia spiked at 1 and started going down. Am i almost done cycling??

the bacteria that filters the water in your tank grows in stages, by adding more mollies your delaying the cycling. Don't add anymore livestock, and the bacteria grow, and when the ammonia & nitrites are zero the cycling is over just be patience.

Originally posted by gogoyo007

Can i have a high nitrite level zero amonnia and a high Nitrate

sure it's possible... one way for example is by using a pour freshwater source in your salt mix

My tank is 55 This is only a fish only tank in about a month im gonna start a reef tank. When my cycle is over can i add another fish or should i wait longer. I checked my water source for nitrate nitrate today. They were both good so i dont think that was it.

Archived