Coral Vue Hydros

$2 hard corals

ApocalypticSurf6

ApocalypticSurf6

I got these on a shell for 2 bux,

ok these are all the corals, mattdog ID'd #1, #2 may look the same sorta but I can tell for sure its a completly different coral

ApocalypticSurf6

Its very much alive though, polyp is comming right out you can make out semi transparent little tentacles or something and a little mouth, you can see it some what on the small photo in the middle

I'm with jackass. That thing looks like it's well on it's way out. No healthy coral should have it's skeleton poking through it's tissue. It may recover, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Sorry to everyone but ExiledInfidel666 (only because he is getting a positive id on his coral), but the species in question is Phyllangia americana (Hidden Cup Coral). The specimen shown looks to be in good health and the skeleton recedes a lot when the animal dies. However, this coral needs quite a bit of natural food (like a tubastrea) so it might need to be target fed. It might not be worth your efforts to do so, and then again, if you like it that much, it might. :-D

HTH,

Matt

ApocalypticSurf6

mattdog, thnks, your exact, well its still alive two of them, been say a week now, its in direct flow of the refugium so it may get enough food on its own, um I cant figure out how to post photos on a reply so im just going to change that photo so it has the other ywo corals I got on the same shell

ApocalypticSurf6

oh and btw both of the other corals are alive, the #3 looks like encrusting montipora thats lost its algae but still covered in polyps and #2 you can see the tentacles or what ever you want to call them extrend out of the hard polyps

Archived