SaltCritters.com

What's the most number of fish I can put in a Nano Cube?

Choson1

I currently have a 1" clownfish as my sole fish inhabitant. How many more fish (and what size) can I add before it will become too much for my Nano Cube to handle? Thanks.

6 or seven is way too much. there simply isn't enough room physically. Add the fact that there isn't any protein skimmer on a nano cube, even if you do have one that is too many fish. They make to much waste(bioload). I wouldn't even add 7 small fish to my 40 gallon plus 20 g. sump!

2 maybe 3 small fish.

Long term a single clownfish is even pushing it. I would go with the clown and a small clown goby or something.

If you want more fish, simply add a 10 gallon refugium/sump to the N. C. Very easy check out the DIY forum.

good luck

lmao...you're such a bastard hwarang!!

adding anymore fish isn't a good idea unless it is a clown goby or something similarly sized. like a baby shark... :D

you have it all wrong your best bet would be a tang a ray and a lion fish and what ever other fish you want upto 12 fish cuz you really only need 1 gallon for each fish right ;)....standard disclaimer

LOL...He said tangs..Choson1 these guys are seriously messing with ya, thats the thing with nanos, you can only do so much with them. which is one reason why people like them, its a challange!

Hwarang we need to party sometime!

Gramma might get a little big, but I bet you will be alright. The sarcasm is thick in this thread. BTW - you could probably add a threadfin butterfly if you wanted too. ( :

Pffft you guys are being paranoid..... me, I just ordered a bottle nose dolphin from Seaworld. It's a baby so it should fit with a bit of shoving, I plan on moving it into my water bed when it gets bigger. No worries!

hey let's chill on the smartassin but do a search and see this topic has come up a thousand times since i have been on this site. but maby one more and a shrimp

yeah sorry about joking im in your shoes i have a nano cube im still fishless but i really want to figure this out and get something nice. clowns are always cool ive liked them forever and if you get them small you could do a mated pair. a clown a a goby would probably work best or something like a clown just dont get damsles and you should be alright. hth

Come on guys you are all idiots. You forgott all about jelly fish. Allthough you could allways empty it out and fill it with cereal and milk. The milk wouldnt go bad if you bought a nice chiller for it.

lol

petetheglassblowwer

Ok how many gals is your tank? if its under 10gal you cant have any fish!in a 10gal, 1 small fish and i mean small,like a clown goby or somthing like that with a shrimp and if u ask me u souldn't even do that!best fish for a 10gal in my opinion is a firefish becuse of thar low metabolisum.And i hope all u retards with clown fish in thar 5 gals move then 2 a bigger tank after like 6months,But i am sher most die.And thats what all the peps that r making fun of u know,and r sick of explaning!Becouse newbees just don't get-it!But u pack them fish in thar man it will be fun!4 U not the fish!

a serious reply:

you can only get away with a few fish in a nanocube. i prefer to set up light bioload systems, so in mine i only had one fish (yellow clown goby).

I have a 10 gal with 2 small perculas, i think this is okay --- fish need room to swim (think how big the ocean is)!! Although putting perculas in a 10 gal will most likely stunt their growth and they'd have sufficient room, this is not the desired effect, you do not want to stress your fish (or maybe you don't care and in that case I would consider you a bad person). Remember even perculas get pretty big, go to a LFS or Aquarium with full grown percuclas, they are huge compared to most in stores, 5 inches is hard to imagine sometimes in concept but a 5'', I suspect, would need atleast a 30 gallon. I think 1 or 2 small fish are good and then you can focus on inverts and corals!! If you're not planning on adding lots of corals, you might as well get a large tank with only live rock and fish, it would be cheaper when considereing lighting (doesn't have to be as good) and supplements.

seriously, I have two damsels blue and 3 stripe...blue is getting somewhat big. I think these two maybe too much but what am I going to do?

damsel protein shake?

Archived