all you DIYER's SHO YOUR TOOLS!!11

badmatt

ho what you guys use to make your projects with.....

well heres only 35% of what me and my dad have...

table saw

100_0254.jpg

10" chop saw

100_0243.jpg

electric planer

100_0245.jpg

belt sander

100_0246.jpg

heat gun for acrylics and such

100_0247.jpg

Reciprocating saw

100_0248.jpg

a Jigsaw thats older than me...... :unsures:

100_0249.jpg

air compressor and brad nailer (our bigger gun is at my uncles)

100_0250.jpg

19.2 volt cordless drill, and makita circular saw.

100_0241.jpg

this is only a fraction of me and my dads tools most of them are at my cousins from the divorce, and our larger table saw, band saw,drill press, radius-arms saw are at my uncles.

when we move all the tools i will update picstures.

:) c'mon lets see what you got........

Oh and my new baby i just bought today

4 1/2" angle grinder

100_0251.jpg

I have an X-acto Knife, Weld-on, low-power generic dremel, Solder iron (For wiring, and for roughing out holes), and the best tools G-D gave you, your hands (or in this case, my hands).

ApocalypticSurf6

-kappa

I have that same old retro drill, well its my dads but still,

all my tools are my dads except an exacto set, a power sander and... thats it, then theirs my gramps tools, hes got glass cutters that come in handy

I thought that drill was the coolest looking drill ever. It is tough looking, and it is built to last for well, long time! And when I need the corless drill/impact driver, I use the 6914D Makita, and man is that thing powerful! I can use it to remove lug nuts off of my car wheels easily. It has a built in resistence mechanism that detects resistence, and than gives the driver more power.

Guest johnnye

Looks good. I like the recessed panel on the sides. Just a hint....if you're going to put a sump underneath, make sure you urethane EVERYTHING. I didnt, there was just some parts I couldnt reach (I should have caulked that area off), and the humidty from the sump caused it to bow just slightly.

Thanks for the info. I've heard some stories about bowing and stuff as well. Yeah I was planning on sealing the entire thing, I was going to use urethane and I was also considering using silicone as well at the joints inside the bottom area. I really like the recessed panels as well. The entire back is recessed to match, and the doors will be also, with a strip down center of the doors to serve to hide the space between the doors and to also break up the front part. I'm hoping I'll get to do a little work on it while I'm at home this winter. This tank won't be up for a few more years, so I can go ahead and take my time on it an ddo a good job.

That is a very sweet stand. Your dad is great woodworker.

I would consider using a marine spar varnish if you are planning on using a sump. Btw, Craftman tools of yesteryear are very good tools, they can knock any of the newer stuff on their ass.

I don't have any pics, but I added a porter cable circular saw and a variable speed router to my arsenal this year. Still working on getting a miter saw and jigsaw. I build a stand and canopy for my 50 gallon, and will get my ass in high gear for my 120g soon.

Guest johnnye

This is what I came up with. One thing I found out via google is you can make your own color stains by mixing mineral spirits with an alklyd paint. I wanted a black stain and could'nt find it anywhere.

tankstand.jpg

This thread has been edited to remove off-topic and basically jerky posts. Please keep it on topic. If you think it's a dumb thread - here's a thought - close it and move on.

Also, as an FYI, there's no such thing as free speech on a privately owned message board. Have a nice day.

Sorry, craftsman does not make the best tools, especially since craftman uses lots of plastic gears in their power tools. They didn't before but... BOOOOO!!!!

Archived