Innovative Marine Aquariums

clown fish + current

Howf777

I just bought a clown fish for my nano cube, with stock ph + 60gph ph. It seems that that is too much current for the clown. He doesnt swim around but seems to struggle to swim in one spot. Its to the point where i turned off the 60gph and turned down the stock and he still seems to be struggling. HE was doing fine when i bought him, the LFS even fed the clowns so i can pick one that was lively and eating.

In the past i bought 2 clowns and the same thing happened and they eventually died in 2 weeks. please help. Is it normal for clowns to swim in 1 spot

thanks

Clown fish are kinda silly. Well the name says it all. They are kinda weird with PH. Mine does the same but I think it's just their daily exercises. They burn body fat like that.

No, mine doesn't swin there all day. Usually he is in his RBTA rubbing hard. He might come out once in while and swim against the current.

i have a black and white clown all he does all day is swim against th current while the yellow goby kinda holds on...i know u dont believe i have to get a picture, its pretty funny

Archived