Coral Vue Hydros

What animal is this??

Seb8316

Seb8316

IMG_3829.thumb.png.c31c5e6dc9a943f4efb41f9b50de203b.pngThis thing has been in on my hermit crab’s shell and in my gsp. I did my best trying to find it on the web. Can anyone tell me what this is and if its harmful?

IMG_3639.jpeg

Second pic i didnt mean to put sorry

Parapodia

If it is the same animal moving between the gsp and the hermit crab shell, then no, not a vermetid.

Stomatella is another type of snail often found in reef tanks. It differs from the usual snail anatomy in that it only has a sort of half shell on the top of its body and could  easily be mistaken for a slug.

https://www.aquaticcommunity.com/SwSnails/Stomatella.php

mcarroll

I dunno if those "antennae" look like what you find on Stomatella:

image.png.273889b79c0985b23aeb76a5511dca29.png

vs

IMG_3829.png.544c55f14d7738f5f0fd7bc7fed

IMO it looks like a nudibranch/sea slug of some kind.....a better photo would help tho!

sapling
On 6/18/2024 at 12:01 PM, ml86743 said:

gotta be some kind of nudibranch 

the one with the black tips I agree, doesnt look like a stoma to me, I had tons, 

the one in that new video looks too big to be the same nudi, and doesnt have the black tips. maybe another species of nudi, or maybe adult? im not sure,

have you noticed any coral issues? 

Snow_Phoenix

Am I the only one who thinks the tiny hitchiker nudi is adorable? I mean, he has tiny cute black 'ears'! :wub:

(I'd keep him, but I might be biased here) :tongueout:

• Agree 1
Seb8316
4 hours ago, Staticmoves said:

As long as he behaves, looks like a cool addition.

5 hours ago, sapling said:

the one with the black tips I agree, doesnt look like a stoma to me, I had tons, 

the one in that new video looks too big to be the same nudi, and doesnt have the black tips. maybe another species of nudi, or maybe adult? im not sure,

have you noticed any coral issues? 

One of them has been going in and out of my struggling gsp. This picture was taken a while back

Looks like a nudibranch to me. The antennae are the giveaway. I would remove it from the tank.