ReefCleaners.org

!!??eggs??!!

darthteddy

Ok i have a jbj nano with uncured caribian LR. I have a bunch of turbos in there. I recently noticed a large speck of purple. A few days later it now looks like a bunch of purple eggs. The are very very small but i can see them from a foot away. I figure that there are about 12 or so of them. I know turbos are hard to breed but thats all i have other then an arrow crab. Could these be snail eggs. Or could it be some type of an invert or coral??? I will try to getpics but my camera does not have a good macro setting. Any body know what the heck this is???

Yes please do get some pics. From what you have described, and what I can think of it either sounds like a group of purple tunicates...or maybe a just a colony of Green Star Polyps.

No they are not air boubles i know. It is the only purple thing in my tank. Whaat are purple tunicates? I dont think its green star just because it doesnt look like the same formation.

I was thinking bubble algee to but i poked one with a pin and it didnt exactly pop or release little air bubles. They seem to have little black dots on the end. Tonight i will try to take one off the whole grupe. If they are eggs then they should not be attatched together but if it is some kind of inver or algee then it would stay atatched to each other right?

Archived