ReefCleaners.org

GSP Help me please

kool_sk8a

i bought the GSP as my first coral about two weeks ago.

It opened up within hours after i put it into the tank and was very bright and colourful for the first three/four days.

After this however it started to open less polyps each day and eventually none came out at all.

i tested the water and all seemed fine but i did a 10% water change to be sure.

The puple base is starting to get little white bits on it and today i noticed a single polyp hanging out, it had no colour and was looking very small and thin.

I have just moved it and directed the flow away as i read the flow shouldnt be directly on them.

I have also added a small cluster of mushroom corals since and they are doing great.

The GSP have been closed for around eight days now, what should i do??:*(

i just got my first gsp 1 week ago. mine didn't open at a for 3 days or so. Soon enough it styarted opening. finally today i see most of the colony open, but nothing like it was in the guys tank i bought it from. i have read the gsp take a long time to get "comfortable"

I recently bought a small frag of GSPs and zoos from a member here but they got really cold during shipping. I went ahead and placed them into my tank hoping they'd be ok. Now, nearly 2 weeks later, I'm only starting to see all of my polyps opening on the zoos. The GSP frag only ever shows but a few polyps at a time (but they vary their location on the frag). I'm hoping that in another few days or so I will start to see ALL the polyps as they were before I bought them.

Guess they can really take a long time to get comfortable if they were ever really uncomfortable.

well thats the thing, mine came out really early and were fine for a few days.

now i just started to get really worried after i saw a kind of dead looking polyp hanging out.

also the purple base is starting to get very small patches of white stuff growing on it, what could this be?

Archived