Top Shelf Aquatics

7.5g smooth corner Lil Reefer

Woodini

7 minutes ago, Woodini said:

Well, I believe the Kessil gooseneck is too long. I’m gonna zip tie it tight and hope it reconsiders. 

Kessil makes two types of adapters for angling the cans off the goosenecks, but it sucks to spend another 20-30$.
You could consider mounting the gooseneck from a board, table edge, etc instead of the tank lip?

• Like 1

I’ve got it wrapped so tight it might break, and if that’s the case ok. If not I’ll explore mounting to the table / stand. 

Heaters here! Nice box, curious to check this out!

IMG_1883.thumb.jpeg.581e9d0286ecf2cee65455cc43dd95d3.jpegWow packaged REALLY WELL! I feel like this is good stuff!

IMG_1884.jpeg**fock I just realized its made by the slip stream people, lettuce pray ha

ordered a matching magnetic mount for the element itself. 
gonna see if I can squeeze it in the Hob, might need spit 

• Like 2

I brought a bunch of my old lr to work for decoration. It’s Buna, Fiji. It was the most expensive at the time. Very porous, very pretty. I think I’m gonna pick up a nice seed rock and reuse my old goodies. After all there is no rush, I’m on island time. Wanted to take the rocks today but didn’t have a box. 
we do have a freshwater 55 in the office with a big Oscar (Sherbert),some various cichlids and a retarded looking gold fish. 

But yes I’m going to use my old fiji 🇫🇯 

10 hours ago, Woodini said:

The magnet on this OVERKILL! 👍🏿 

IMG_1887.jpeg

I can appreciate a good magnet...I've got some frag racks and probe holders that just aren't strong enough and I hate it haha.

How are you liking this heater? Does it fit nicely?  

• Like 1

Rightnow I just have all the parts, haven’t put it together yet. This heater is tiny, only 3.5” so it’ll fit basically anywhere.   

• Like 1

Ordered another smaller aqua clear HOB FILTER. The bigger one will be home to the heater, the smaller one will house the ATO return and a fat satchel of carbon. Plus water volume ftw 🤘🏿

These things are “adjustable “ too…..now debating on buying a “fancy” ATO reservoir, TBD. 

On 5/30/2023 at 10:46 AM, ml86743 said:

I can appreciate a good magnet...I've got some frag racks and probe holders that just aren't strong enough and I hate it haha.

How are you liking this heater? Does it fit nicely?  

This heater is a perfect fit into the magnetic mount, I’m very impressed with fitment and build quality. Will report back once there’s water flowing 🤙🏾

15 hours ago, Woodini said:

This heater is a perfect fit into the magnetic mount, I’m very impressed with fitment and build quality. Will report back once there’s water flowing 🤙🏾

I got the Mini too, was kind of annoyed it doesn't just come with the magnet like all of the other models.

• Like 1
On 5/27/2023 at 12:28 AM, BadCrab said:

Kessil makes two types of adapters for angling the cans off the goosenecks, but it sucks to spend another 20-30$.
You could consider mounting the gooseneck from a board, table edge, etc instead of the tank lip?

Going to build something (;

• Like 1
On 5/30/2023 at 12:39 AM, Woodini said:

I brought a bunch of my old lr to work for decoration. It’s Buna, Fiji. It was the most expensive at the time. Very porous, very pretty. I think I’m gonna pick up a nice seed rock and reuse my old goodies. After all there is no rush, I’m on island time. Wanted to take the rocks today but didn’t have a box. 
we do have a freshwater 55 in the office with a big Oscar (Sherbert),some various cichlids and a retarded looking gold fish. 

But yes I’m going to use my old fiji 🇫🇯 

Change of heart! Gonna go for two nano packs from TBS( rock and sand) + cuc.
Soon that is

• Like 4