SaltCritters.com

7.5g smooth corner Lil Reefer

Woodini

Well, I had to edit my title! Turns out the 6g bow is no longer available, so I’m going up to 7.5g, just ordered this setup, I think I’m gonna like it! (Besides junk accessories)

Here it is

• Like 4
  • Woodini changed the title to 7.5g smooth corner Lil Reefer
AiredaleReef

Hey there - enjoying following along so far. I have a the 8g bow front from Aquatop, so I am excited to see how it compares! 

Cheers! 

• Thanks 1
Just now, AiredaleReef said:

Hey there - enjoying following along so far. I have a the 8g bow front from Aquatop, so I am excited to see how it compares! 

Cheers! 

I will take a look at your setup!!

Do you guys think two HOB (2x100 gph) or just a bigger single HOB (1x150gph) would work just as well? I’m slightly concerned about the weight of two filters. I would obviously like the increased water volume and flow. What’s your take?

AiredaleReef
5 minutes ago, Woodini said:

If you're on instagram, check it out @airedale.reef

AiredaleReef
13 minutes ago, Woodini said:

Do you guys think two HOB (2x100 gph) or just a bigger single HOB (1x150gph) would work just as well? I’m slightly concerned about the weight of two filters. I would obviously like the increased water volume and flow. What’s your take?

Given the size of the tank, I personally would go with a bigger single HOB simply to reduce the clutter. I think the tank would be able to manger the weight if you did decide on two. If flow is an issue, I'd go with a small power head. 

• Like 1
banasophia

Wowee… with all those Amazon links I hope you have an affiliate account set up to get credit… I clicked them... 🙂🤗  And I like that tank!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, banasophia said:

Wowee… with all those Amazon links I hope you have an affiliate account set up to get credit… I clicked them... 🙂🤗  And I like that tank!

😂 no kickbacks

• Haha 1

Ordered the split stream. Love the cheapness of a nano!!

I think I’m gonna look for a 36 or 48” stand/cabinet. 
ordered heater. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Woodini said:

Ok, pulled the trigger on a Aquaclear 30 and also a Sicce syncra nano.  I like that the power head is adjustable between 40-110 gph. This should Cover Flow concerns. Stoked. Now I’m looking for a micro heater

How do we feel about the Innovative Marine spin stream or the vVivid creative aquatics rfg?

VCA is a small local company, and the owner was at our fish club's meeting this past weekend.  I'm looking forward to incorporating more of their products in my builds!

• Like 3

Tell me what you think.

I am pretty sure on my 5.5g with hob filter that I ran my Ato on the hob itself and not the tank. I am stoned. 
would this be a viable option in the current world? It’d be nice to not clutter the tank. Thanks!

You'll probably need to set up the sensor in the display (as it's the portion that actually varies in water level through evap,) but I don't see why you couldn't have the RO water enter the system through the HOB rather than Display - provided it's a slow enough rate not to overwhelm the HOB return and you position it so it doesn't siphon back into your reservoir when it's done with a fill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Powerhead and spin stream showed up. Accumulating parts is FUN, adds to the anticipation!! 🤙The Sicce nano is even tinier than I thought! Perfect

banasophia

I have this Reef Casa two-nozzle random flow generator I can send you, if you want to try it out… I had to get a powerhead instead because of the flow needs for my sea fan, but I really loved it. I think it was designed by VCA for Reef Casa.

It is a little bulkier due to the dual nozzle design, so you may want to go for a single nozzle model instead. But one thing I liked about it though was that I could aim one arm toward the surface for surface agitation/oxygenation and one lower for flow throughout the tank. 

https://reefcasa.com/product/random-flow-generator/

20F397DE-797A-40B7-AFA5-BBCCF061DAD4.thumb.png.4d5133b381436fe864af5d7d8acedc32.png

Would that mount to the Sicce? It appears it would be too big? 
I think I’m gonna just ditch the rfg idea for now, if needed, I’ll buy another powerhead. 

• Agree 1

My Ato showed up today, does anyone know of like a “clip” of some sort that I can buy to support the ro feed line on the tank?

found this Bracket, but maybe something less bulky? 😂 nit picking. Kinda a bummer the “kit” didn’t include that…

screw it, ordered. 

HOB filter showed up and the tank is slated to arrive later!

Ahh yessss!

IMG_1850.jpeg

IMG_1851.jpeg

IMG_1852.jpeg

IMG_1853.jpeg

IMG_1854.jpegIt was very nicely packaged, rock solid. I was concerned because some reviews on amazon got a box of broken glass, but I guess they upped their process. I’m loving the curved corners! I wonder why they don’t do all four 🤔 

So all I’m waiting on is the heater, Ato bracket and I need a reservoir and tubing. 
Then onto the funner things!

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

Most ATO brackets are more or less like that one. A "dosing line holder" is basically the same thing. You can get magnetic ones that look like probe racks but for airline/dosing tubes - little thumb screws and all.  I've got an old Vertex Line-Mag like that.

• Like 1

Well, I believe the Kessil gooseneck is too long. I’m gonna zip tie it tight and hope it reconsiders. 
can’t get it near center 

• Like 1