inTank Media Baskets

Nanobox Retro issues getting light to start up

chipmason3

chipmason3

Hi I am new to the forum but I’ve been a Nanobox retro owner for many years. I have the Bluefish app version. We had a tractor trailer take out a power pole last night and now I cannot get my light to come back on. It will not let me configure the blinkup. I tried using my old phone and I tried the app on my current phone. It keeps giving me an error saying it cannot configure. I unplugged the light and plugged it back in and it still won’t work. Wifi is correct and so is the password. I’ve had the light going on 4-5 years. It just blinks blue. I’ve never had this issue before. Usually it will connect and configure. I paid for the subscription as well. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks! Chip 

SpencerShepard

It sounds like it could be a bad power supply.  Try removing the Bluefish controller from the driver box entirely, and then powering it only through the USB port. That may help narrow down the source of the issue. Please send me an email support@aquarium-led-controller.com and let me know your username and I will help get you sorted.

• Like 1
chipmason3

The power supply is flashing blue as well so I thought it was okay but I’ll try to bypass it and see. I’ve had issues with it connecting before when I’ve accidentally unplugged it but it’s always ended up connecting after a while. Thanks for the advice and I’ll send you an email. It could be it got a surge but it’s on a surge protector. Granted the surge protector is a few years old so it’s due for a replacement I’m sure. I think they are only good for like 2 years or so. I’m at work now so I won’t be able to mess with it until the morning. I just left it unplugged overnight to see if that helps.