Cultivated Reef

AI Prime 16HD - share your favourite nano lighting presets

Lebowski_

mitten_reef

I run two Hydra32HD. Essentially 4x your prime16HD.  
below is my program for my 24x24 shallow cube, 16” tall.  Lights are about 8” above water, I also have two orphek OR2 bars.  
might seem like a lot, but I’m all in on acros, so this program might be too much for you. Feel free to check out my tank journal to see what I keep with the lights that high. 

DD960424-93AD-44C1-93F2-336E1BA5096E.thumb.jpeg.ddd3afcd4e9f2ec221ac1fb151cfc064.jpeg

• Like 2

I'm using the BRS Prime settings with a little more cool white for looks. I don't have a par meter so that was my best option since they created settings for a 12" cube and relayed the par measurements at 6" and 12" for my tank size at 2 different intensities. They also give you a spectrum analysis which is pretty rare to find. Gives you a really good baseline to start from. They did an 18" cube as well so you could extrapolate from that.

• Like 1
mitten_reef
20 minutes ago, Lebowski_ said:

Does anyone else find that many presets have this random spike in cyan line?

4485FEF5-42F0-4A18-8F6E-FA6DAF02D6D9.jpeg

it's not a spike, that's the indicator of your current time, vs orange which is the programmed time points.  if you look at it now, it should be at around 9am, 😀

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I noticed basically all of the signature series and custom schedules I find max out the purples and blues, and almost never have the whites higher than 30-40%. I find it to be a little bit overwhelmingly blue, but that might be because I am so used to MHs and T5s. Is the blue mainly for the colours, or is it because those spectrums are healthiest for the coral?

I'd like to crank my whites up a bit.

7 hours ago, Lebowski_ said:

Is the blue mainly for the colours, or is it because those spectrums are healthiest for the coral?

I'd like to crank my whites up a bit.

A lot of folks like the blue look and go a bit overboard with the royal blue but to emulate the “preferred” spectrum for coral growth you do need to jack up the UV/Violet/Royal/Cyan. That doesn’t mean you can turn up the whites as well. 
I’ve got UV/Violet at 66%, Royal and Cyan at 50% and white at 26%. I also have the red at 20% which helps tone the blue down visually.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

This is where my light settings ended up. It's very blue.

I think it will be ok to throw a little white back in if i increase increase the intensity.

I'm also starting to realize that if i do not buy sps, I might not ever need to raise the intensity above 50%.

Screenshot 2023-05-09 7.51.28 PM.png

• Like 2