SaltCritters.com

inTank Evo 13.5 Chamber 1 Not Sitting Flush

WarPig_Reefs

Hey! I just set up my Evo 13.5 and noticed that my Chamber 1 insert isn’t sitting flush with the bottom of the chamber. There’s about a quarter-inch gap between the top of the slit in the insert and the piece of the chamber that sticks out. About 1/3 of the intake grate is covered by the insert. This is increasing the water level of the display and decreasing the level of the rear chambers to a level that I’m not quite comfortable with. 

I’ve readjusted it a few times and I think there’s some of the tank’s black silicone sealant sticking out and preventing it from sitting flush. How comfortable should o feel with messing with that (ex. pulling / tearing some off so that it doesn’t interfere with the inTank)? Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this would be much appreciated! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 12:25 PM, WarPig_Reefs said:

I think there’s some of the tank’s black silicone sealant sticking out and preventing it from sitting flush. How comfortable should o feel with messing with that (ex. pulling / tearing some off so that it doesn’t interfere with the inTank)? Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this would be much appreciated!

Trim it carefully with a razor if possible.  Tugging at it could remove more than you intend from areas you don't want it to be removed from.

Or leave it as-is.  (You should be able to add a little more water to raise the level in the back if you want.  Do you have an ATO?)