ReefCleaners.org

Evo 13.5 / inTank Chamber 1 Flow Question

WarPig_Reefs

Just set up my evo 13.5 over the weekend with the inTank Chamber One. I realized today that none of the flow was heading into the inTank chamber because of the gap between the insert and the intake. I put in the 3D-printed insert to fill that gap and my water level shot up in the display and down in the rear chambers to the point that the display is almost overflowing. 

I tried moving / removing the floss in the first compartment of chamber 1: that didn’t help. 

Any tips to lower the display volume without cutting the inTank Chamber One so that it sits lower without the insert blocking the filter intake?  

11E69CD5-A9EF-4923-B0A1-FB2DC09CD7D3.jpeg

A9872A3F-88B2-4A44-9760-EAB174C35D20.jpeg

3B500E48-8FA9-437C-BA8F-C6868DB0769E.jpeg

Ugh. I had trouble with that too on the fluvial 13.5. Super annoying. 

I also had the intank in chamber 1.

Its a flow problem as you've discovered.  

I believe my solution was to start drilling and cutting up that intank until it lined up perfectly with the chamber flow vents in the full down position. 

But even after that i had problems. 

In retrospect, if i had to do it again, id probably cut away as much of the intank as possible to provide the most flow possible while holding filter floss. Make sure that things are lined up. 

Another tip with that tank is monitor the back regularly. Eventually the flow can slow and clog if not monitored

If i could start again id probably try to increase the size of the chamber flow vents with filing and/drilling them out.

Hope that helps!  

Thanks guys; appreciate it a lot. I’ll reach out to inTank to see if they have any advice.

Seems like my problem is that the inTank insert wasn’t sitting as far down in the chamber as it should’ve been. I fiddled with it a bit and got it down so that there’s only about a quarter inch gap between the top of the slit in the inTank and the piece it’s supposed to plug into. I also switched the 3D printed flow director to sit behind the inTank instead of in front of it to push it up against the intake grate and that helped as well. I’d be more or less happy with these water levels between the display and the rear chambers, but hopefully I can get it to sit flush so that it’s not blocking the intake at all. Thanks again! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Seems pretty odd that it's (apparently) custom made for this tank but yet doesn't fit.  Even odder that this seems to be the norm, not an exception.

Can you just use the tank without it, or is that undesirable for some reason?