Innovative Marine Aquariums

❤️🏚️The Love Shack🏚️❤️

PJPS

On 3/20/2023 at 1:09 AM, banasophia said:

So what’s the plan? I’d love to hear but looks like that video is over an hour long… 

Sorry, when I post long videos like that, I tend to have it jump immediately to the relevant part but I should state that 😊.  I’ll do my best to lay out the recipe as C performed it earlier today.

1. Turn out the lights and float the bag for 30m.
  2. Fill a small bucket (3g) with about the same amount of tank water you figure is it the bag with the fish.
  3. Place the bag in the bucket.
  4. Cut the bag all the way down in the side and let the fish and the water flow into the bucket.
  5. Fill a 1 L container half way with tank water.
  6. Pour most of the water out of the fish bucket into a waste bucket, keeping the fish in water in the bottom of the bucket as you pour slowly.
  7. When almost all of the water is out and there’s just enough to keep the fish covered pour the fish gently (angle them to minimize the drop for the fish) into the 1 L container.
  8. Pour out most of the water into the waste bucket.
  9. Put the container in the tank and let the fish swim out.

• Wow 1
19 hours ago, banasophia said:

Wow, that seems pretty involved… now I see why there’s a video. 

Bag open to 50% fresh tank water is instant :).  Bag open to in the tank <5 min.  Buddy Cole (Kids In The Hall reference) is doing quite well.  He's been active and eating since we opened the bag :).

• Like 1

Little guy is finally realizing he’s the only fish in there.  I may have weened him off prepped food onto all copepods 😅🙄.  The crabs, shrimp, and nassarius seem far more interested when I feed.  I see him pecking every few seconds, and he’s looking healthy (if shy).

Video soon when he stops hiding every 5 seconds.

• Like 2
On 3/26/2023 at 10:19 PM, PJPS said:

Little guy is finally realizing he’s the only fish in there.  I may have weened him off prepped food onto all copepods 😅🙄.  The crabs, shrimp, and nassarius seem far more interested when I feed.  I see him pecking every few seconds, and he’s looking healthy (if shy).

Video soon when he stops hiding every 5 seconds.

I feel like the same thing has happened with my pink-streaked.  Fat/happy but doesn't engorge himself like he used to.  Plenty of pods/worms around that he can eat whenever wherever.  He'll pick up a few pieces when I feed. But not always.  

• Like 2
13 hours ago, PJPS said:

Filmed sand for 20 min, no fish.  He loves that damn cave… Fluffy gorgs though 😊

Beautiful footage of your gorgs and hermits! Hopefully the fish will come out soon so we can see him!! 

Woohoo, Buddy is pretty hip to fish food the past few days.  I feed and he's aggressively eating.  I haven't changed the feedings the whole time.  Still 2ml gumbo mornings and afternoons.  It's mostly to feed all the inverts, although Buddy is noticeably longer, good torpedo body shape.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, banasophia said:

Beautiful! I really love that leather!!

I do love that leather... it prompted this whole tank :).  After it's 10 days as a demented serial killer in the SPS tank, I couldn't stand tossing it, so now we have our high and low toxicity (I mean maintenance) tanks ;).

• Haha 2

I forgot to mention, I swapped the return for a sicce nano.  It’s nice and low flow (longer contact with filter media), totally silent, and the nero 3 provides 98% of the flow.

any powerhead that can pulse and has variable intensity would do.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hanging

On 8/10/2023 at 9:37 AM, ml86743 said:

Where you been! All is well hope??

Summer is always rough, this summer especially 🥵.  That said, the tanks are just ticking along.  This tank now has an amphipod problem 😂.  We put some in in the spring since we got them for free from a great supplier, but they don’t have any predators.  They are too big for the Gobi and almost overrun the tank.  After a long while I finally found a pink streak wrasse that will be added on Friday.  Hopefully they can find some kind of equilibrium.

as the temperature cools off, I’m sure I’ll be back to posting too often😉.  

The big green leather got fragged FYI.  It’s now just a stalk and a basket of frags.

• Like 3