Coral Vue Hydros

50 gallon tank!!!!! need help with stockings.

Reeflover1121

Reeflover1121

Hello everyone, I am new to the saltwater hobby but i have been keeping freshwater fish successfully for a while now. 

I recently got a 50 gallon tank and want to try saltwater. I want some help with the stocking as i am new. The plan for the stocking is as follow:

1.Clowns(A pair)

2.some kind of small tang(eg. Tomini tang)

3. some kind of wrasse(i have no idea what wrasse)

4. snails, shrimps, crabs. 

Pls suggest more things that i can put in that tank and pls be calm and nice while answering.

thank you in advance. 

Some of the smaller halichoeres wrasses would be fine. Maybe a yellow or green coris wrasse. They’d also help keep some pests at bay. 6 line wrasses can be mean but 5 lines are a little less aggressive (allegedly). You might be able to get away with a mccoskers wrasse as well. 

just pay attention to fish addition order. Add the nice fish first, then add the more aggressive fish. 

as for the tang you’re gonna hear a lot of people say that that tank is too small. But if you find a small one with a plan to rehome it would be fine imo. 

I'm not the tang police but i sometimes wonder if my 90 gallon is too small for my Scopas tang, it's not a huge fish either. They can swim at break neck speed getting from one side of the tank to the other in a single whip of the tail. 

3 hours ago, Reeflover1121 said:

But i can still afford to 5 gallon tank. i might look into that. 

picos are a lot of fun and there are some really adorable tiny fish that can fit into them.