Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sharbuckles IM Fusion 15 Cube

Sharbuckle

1 hour ago, Sharbuckle said:

Thanks for watching gena. That skimmer would be perfect for a 10g I think. I don’t see why you would have any trouble fitting it in there. 

as far as ATO I’m probably still going to add one of the new Kamoer ATO’s as they use two optical sensors and take up no room at all. 

AI primes are great lights too. I just really wanted this tank to be cheap and easy to show others it’s possible to have a beautiful nano without all the bells and whistles. 

Which video is that Deb? 

My last ato had the optical sensor things and corroded to where saltwater got in and fried it.  So I’ve gone the float switch route instead.  Don’t have to worry about corrosion anymore.

8 minutes ago, gena said:

My last ato had the optical sensor things and corroded to where saltwater got in and fried it.  So I’ve gone the float switch route instead.  Don’t have to worry about corrosion anymore.

Oh wow! Ill

have to keep an eye on that when I set it up eventually. 

Just added a few more types of macro algae, I’ll have to get the names later on. 

4 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Oh wow! Ill

have to keep an eye on that when I set it up eventually. 

Just added a few more types of macro algae, I’ll have to get the names later on. 

I think maybe cleaning it frequently might help.  Rinse it with freshwater every now and then.  I don’t think I ever cleaned mine like that lol, and the crusty bits of salt on the perimeter of it, as little as there was, ate away at it. 

Another water change in the books today. I feel like because I did so little on my last tank, any time I do one on this tank is a victory.

The tank is nearing the two month old mark and naturally some nasties are crawling out..

A few aiptasia came in on some frags and I noticed some flatworms crawling around on my discosoma.... bummer

Does anyone have experience with flatworm exit? Does it have any negative side effects?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, banasophia said:

Great videos! And that skimmer looks like it could be a good option for my tank, thanks for sharing!!

Thanks! The skimmer is actually really awesome, it’s got a bit of a microbubble issue but works so well. 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Tsnide said:

Are you still using stock return pump and no wave maker?

Yep! I Definitely need to add some flow however. Looking for a tiny powerhead or maybe just upgrade the return, haven’t decided yet. 

Two pictures taken this evening. I added a superman discosoma mushroom rock today I got for a great price. 

in the top down photo you can see my one scarlet hermit crab sitting in my larger toadstool. It sleeps there every night… lol 

72E6230D-B430-45B9-8933-09C0B6D89BC4.jpeg

D0543408-59E7-40CA-B2F1-C7EBFCD750D0.jpeg

• Like 2

Trying to get ahead of the aptasia without using chemicals so today I added two Kuekenthali Cleaner Shrimp. Known to eat aiptasia, so let’s hope these two are hungry. 

I also added one of my favourite inverts of all time, the classic feather duster.

made a video and forgot to film adding the shrimp LOL! Oh well

• Like 2

Update! ALL OF MY AIPTASIA ARE GONE!!! 

In less than 12 hours the two lysmata kuekenthali shrimp ate all of them! I am so pleased! 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Placed the one serving mangrove in the display and removed the lid. The evaporation is crazy now, if I want to keep the mangrove like this ill definitely need an ATO

01D3B0A0-F0ED-4FE1-AE3E-6327BB2A062A.jpeg

• Like 1
Just now, ml86743 said:

The tank is filling in wonderfully! 

Thank you! I’m thinking about putting a gorgonian of some sort in the top right part of the tank, that should fill out that empty space, we shall see. 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Thank you! I’m thinking about putting a gorgonian of some sort in the top right part of the tank, that should fill out that empty space, we shall see. 

I am a big fan of gorgonians and I’m sure that would look nice, but I do really love the tank’s current look, with that space there… it looks clean and sleek. It’s one of my all time favorite tanks! Very well balanced with colors, shapes, and types of corals.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, banasophia said:

I am a big fan of gorgonians and I’m sure that would look nice, but I do really love the tank’s current look, with that space there… it looks clean and sleek. It’s one of my all time favorite tanks! Very well balanced with colors, shapes, and types of corals.

What an amazing compliment. Thank you so much ❤️ I’m amazed at how quickly this tank has come together, helps to have generous friends I suppose! 

• Like 1

My tank is evaporating so much water without the lid. I need to find a way to cut a groove in the lid to slide the mangrove into. Or get an ATO when the budget allows. 

• Like 2

Gave the tank a really good scrape today with my Kent scraper. Had to take a nice pocture!

Oh I also noticed some super tiny polyps of clavularia spread throughout the tank. Hope it doesn’t take over too bad.

81579868-6BEF-459F-A5E3-5542C0071ECF.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1