SaltCritters.com

Free gorilla crabs (no, seriously) in Central TX

Tired

Yes, these guys are pests in the average reef, but they are pretty cool. I have a bunch, about half an inch across, from some live rock I just got. I'm also trying to catch an inch-wide one. If you've got a sump or 'fuge that a gorilla would do well in, and you're interested in one or several, let me know. Heck, I'll ship if someone's interested. 

I'm aware this is a long shot, but I figure it's worth checking. I don't have anywhere to put these except a breeder box, and they'll eat each other alive if I leave them in it long-term, so I'm going to humanely euthanize any I can't find homes for. May as well take a swing at rehoming some.

I have so many gorillas. Apparently it's baby gorilla season. 

They're cool little guys! I'm expecting them to grow into cool big guys. I'll probably keep one, this breeder box is fairly large and gorilla crabs don't seem like they need a lot of moving space, but they'll definitely murder each other if I keep 'em together. Just caught two out of the tank the other night because one had molted and the other was trying to eat it. Half an inch across, with legs, and it's trying to eat another crab 2/3 its size. I do admire the gumption, but my goodness. 

• Haha 1
  • Recommended Discussions