SaltCritters.com

Reefi uno 2.0

patback

Has anyone had firsthand experience with the reefi uno 2.0?  I am looking at replacing my current light with 3 of them for my 125. I was hoping to hear first hand of what you feel about the spectrum and coverage. I tried a bunch of Blackbox lights and the lenses were terrible and caused bad banding of random colors through the water. 

• 1 month later...

I have not used one,but anyone who has used them RAVES about them. I follow them on IG and their growth progression pics look incredible. 

Interface looks super easy to use and the spectrum looks spot on,hits all the marks and some. Win I hit the lotto I am gonna run some. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

I have not used one,but anyone who has used them RAVES about them. I follow them on IG and their growth progression pics look incredible. 

Interface looks super easy to use and the spectrum looks spot on,hits all the marks and some. Win I hit the lotto I am gonna run some. 

I wound up buying them. I'm having some issues with them falling back on schedule once in a while, but messaged Daniel and he helped me through it. (I miss the days of just turning a light on without depending on wireless interfaces) but the color and coverage is awesome. I actually had to drop to 60% power because I ended up bleaching a bunch of stuff at 80% when I switched from my led/t5 hybrid. 

To put into perspective how powerful these lights are, 12" below the light on my old fixture I had maybe 14,500 lux according to my phone. The reefi I believe was well over 100,000.  

20230123_215912.thumb.jpg.3c166c31f6b506010930572bf2fc4bbd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

I heard of people on R2R bleaching some light loving (400+ par) acro's at like 50% lol. These lights are serious,and honestly blow ANY Radion out of the water,especially the new G5/6 at literally half the cost. 

I seriously wish people would get away from WIFI devices,especially lights. If power goes out of anything its bound to mess up the schedule. 

This is why I LOVE my storm controllers and wish more people used them to control lights. 

Same thing with feef monitors like Apex and stuff. I'd rather use PinPoint monitors & 9v battery combo. Cheaper,doesny rely on wifi,won't take up precious spots on a surge protector last years. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the update. I plan to buy these when I upgrade to a bigger tank. I have radions now but the reefi uno 2.0 wasn't announced yet. If I had known about it, I would have waited and went reefi for sure! 

I think the only downside for me is I like very white lit tanks. 

I used to run nanobox on almost everything and will be happy to support another "the little guy" again in the future. 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Thanks for the update. I plan to buy these when I upgrade to a bigger tank. I have radions now but the reefi uno 2.0 wasn't announced yet. If I had known about it, I would have waited and went reefi for sure! 

I think the only downside for me is I like very white lit tanks. 

I used to run nanobox on almost everything and will be happy to support another "the little guy" again in the future. 

I love that these lights are gaining traction. I just wish places like BRS & Saltwater Aquarium carried them. Thats the thing though you can still run a white tank,just turn the blues down. Their white spectrum looks AMAZING especislly with fish from the pics I have seen. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

I love that these lights are gaining traction. I just wish places like BRS & Saltwater Aquarium carried them. Thats the thing though you can still run a white tank,just turn the blues down. Their white spectrum looks AMAZING especislly with fish from the pics I have seen. 

I doubt BRS will carry them.. since they are now AI/Ecotech owners and they have always been about promoting their own crap. They would rather pretend something does not exist then try to compare it to their products. Then again they do carry reef breeders but probably better to sell it then compete once something gets well known enough. 

Premium Aquatics and Marine Depot (RIP) carried nanobox once upon a time.

For anyone with an older AI Prime HD... this is another product that doesn't get talked about enough:

https://www.luxdium.com/

16 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I doubt BRS will carry them.. since they are now AI/Ecotech owners and they have always been about promoting their own crap. They would rather pretend something does not exist then try to compare it to their products. Then again they do carry reef breeders but probably better to sell it then compete once something gets well known enough. 

Premium Aquatics and Marine Depot (RIP) carried nanobox once upon a time.

For anyone with an older AI Prime HD... this is another product that doesn't get talked about enough:

https://www.luxdium.com/

That is 110% correct. In my opinion the Photon is way better than Radion's,but thats just my opinion. 

I really miss Dave,so much. Can you imagine what Dave would be doing with his lights now ? Oh man. It would be insane. I still want one of his square quad fixtures so so so bad. 

• Agree 1