ReefCleaners.org

Almost 12 months with my Aquatop Recife 40g AIO!

tviquez10

Hey everyone! So I just wanted to post an update on my reefing journey thus far! I started with a 10 gallon FOWLR tank in December 2012 so this is my 10 year anniversary month! 😁 Last August, I upgraded my 10 gallon to a 20 gallon and added some coral. A few months later, my husband surprised me with a 40 gallon AIO and it's come a long way!

The first picture is when I first set it up. The second picture is now. I have a pair of Clownfish, Pajama Cardinal and a Mandarin Fish. The corals I have are, Torch, Hammer, GSP, Pipe Organ, Firework, Ricordea Mushroom and a couple of different Zoas. I also have a huge Rock Flower anemone.

I finally got to upgrade some equipment and I can already tell a different in the tank! I upgraded the stock skimmer with an IceCap Nano KI, which was WAY overdue. I got it on sale for $40 cheaper and I'm super excited about it! The skimmer Aquatop includes is crap. I upgraded the stock return pump with a Mighty Jet with controller and I LOVE it! It definitely creates more flow which my Torch is loving. I also got a heater with a controller and low water level sensor which I wish I would've gotten to start with. 

Side note: I haven't been on here posting much. How do I create a journal on my profile? I would've liked to post this on my page in a journal but I can't figure it out on my phone.

I hope my little tank blurb wasn't boring but I thought it'd be cool to include a before and after!

886284559_Screenshot_20221203-1106472.thumb.png.6bfd05190ad6d3e39fbfa9545e5e2490.png

PXL_20221114_190710830.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ml86743 said:

Lookin great!

Is that the reefbreeder nano for lighting?

Thank you! No, it's a Kessil A80! I'm planning to put it on my 20g tank and upgrade my 40g. Everything has been doing well but I just feel like it needs an upgrade and something with a wider spread. I'm not sure what I want yet though. 🤔

the hammer looks good, looks like a branching with a couple heads, was this one of the corals you moved over? 

also that center coral, that is the pipe organ? looks huge! 

• Like 1
On 12/4/2022 at 4:03 AM, sapling said:

the hammer looks good, looks like a branching with a couple heads, was this one of the corals you moved over? 

also that center coral, that is the pipe organ? looks huge! 

Yes, it is branching one! I actually bought it at the beginning of the year when I started this tank and it only had 2 heads and now it has 8! In the center is a pipe organ and it is humongous! My 20g however, has a MASSIVE Pipe organ. I'll have to tag you in a picture of it on here tomorrow. Lol It was so small for years but I changed the lighting and salt mix and it took off. I'm actually trying to figure out how to trim it way down without getting eaten by my Clownfish and Dottyback 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, SantaMonica said:

The first pic is 2012, or recent?

I've only had my 40g for almost a year so the first picture is from January 2022. I started out in 2012 with a 10g that I transferred to a 20g 1.5yrs ago.