SaltCritters.com

Black Friday Deals - What did you get?

seabass

OK, I'll write up a review after I get them.  I was way overdue to buy about $200 of T5 bulbs anyway (which need to be replaced annually), and decided to switch to LEDs instead.  I'm not at all expecting anything like AI Hydra 32s (which would have cost over $1000 more).  I just needed some inexpensive lights to put over some cheap corals.  This should save me a lot of money in the long run.

• Like 2

I got a Hydros X2 for my planted tank along with a Hydros co2 solenoid and water level sensor. I also got a BRS 1.1ml dosing pump for the planted tank.

For my reefs, I picked up a bottle of NP-Bacto Balance and some RO filters. I still need to order some magnesium and maybe some more Poly-Filters.

• Like 1

I got a Raja Rampage chalice I've been wanting, and a few doorbuster-style sale pieces, including a couple of favites for $5 each. Thank you, Tidal Gardens! I'm gonna get to try a few things out. 

I also got an interesting dangling-chain cuff earring for my mother's Christmas present, but that's less relevant. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
13 hours ago, sleepyreefer55 said:

After hunting around, I bought a Kessil ap9x off a guy here after checking their post history and name using another site

Seems a little weird that you would do a search like that over reef equipment.

Last minute I ended up getting a tunze long care magnet cleaner thingy + spare blades since it was on sale and I got one of those $10 off coupons in the mail with an order for some santa gifts for someone else. My flipper is old and the plastic body seems to be warped slightly making it extra work to clean with. So we will see how the Tunze does.

Also decided to get a purse for myself and shoes for the hubby... and picked up a couple books but those were not even on sale 😛 

• Like 1

test kits and reagent ! I noticed all my kits and reagent from 2019 were very expired. I usually use API's kits, but felt spicy and went with red sea's marine care kit. 

• Like 1

Petco has 50 percent off repeat orders and can be used for salt. Limit 20 dollars so one box. Still it’s like 28 bucks for 200g box. Just order then cancel the repeat delivery right away. Shipping was free. Promo ends today. 

They also have 40 percent off tanks when you combine with pickup. It applies to some odd sizes that normally don’t go on sale during the 50 percent off such as the 60g breeder. Ends today. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Petco has 50 percent off repeat orders and can be used for salt. Limit 20 dollars so one box. Still it’s like 28 bucks for 200g box. Just order then cancel the repeat delivery right away. Shipping was free. Promo ends today. 

They also have 40 percent off tanks when you combine with pickup. It applies to some odd sizes that normally don’t go on sale during the 50 percent off such as the 60g breeder. Ends today. 

Amazon also has reefcrystal buckets for 20 bucks less than everywhere else, and it seems like it's the normal price. I got two buckets and I think it ended up being 72 bucks or something like that. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, patback said:

Amazon also has reefcrystal buckets for 20 bucks less than everywhere else, and it seems like it's the normal price. I got two buckets and I think it ended up being 72 bucks or something like that. 

Yea with subscribe and save, it's like $30 a bucket.  I only get the buckets now.  I lost 3 boxes of 200g when I tried to save money and stock up and the bags turn rock solid after a year.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ninjamyst said:

Yea with subscribe and save, it's like $30 a bucket.  I only get the buckets now.  I lost 3 boxes of 200g when I tried to save money and stock up and the bags turn rock solid after a year.  

I had this happen too so I put the salt that is in the box in some empty buckets of theirs and put the lid back on. That has worked great for me. I actually checked the salt this week before ordering more to make sure. You don’t have to remove them from the bags either, just place the whole bag inside the bucket. There must be moisture or something that gets to them when left in just the bags. 

• Like 2