ReefCleaners.org

Rest In Peace Jake Adams of Reef Builders 😢

banasophia

Rest In Peace, Jake Adams. What a terrible loss for his family, friends, the reefing community and the world. My condolences to his family and friends. 😢

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

I saw this kast night on R2R and freaked out. Truly sad,for sure. I am seeing it was a possible plane accident on a trip to Bali ?

All I saw is that he passed while traveling to Bali but nothing about what happened. 

Very sad... he was young. Condolences to his family. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

I saw this kast night on R2R and freaked out. Truly sad,for sure. I am seeing it was a possible plane accident on a trip to Bali ?

He had a medical emergency while in the air.

• Like 3
The Rainy Day Aquarium

Not the news I was anticipating, neither wanted to hear. Never knew Jake personally, but am one of the countless ones influenced by his efforts. Truly a loss. My heart goes out to his family😔

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
NoOneLikesADryTang

Super tragic. I think there’s a lot of heart break in the reefing community over it. I haven’t seen it reported much, but he and his wife had just recently gotten pregnant. 

If anyone is so inclined, there has been a Go Fund Me set up for his wife. It can be found here: The Legacy of Jake Adams

• Like 2
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Being a hobbyist since 1990 in the reefing community, I have learned so much in both aquatics and dry goods.  Loosing a link in the chain of reefing is a loss for all that value our hobby.  Well I didn't get the opportunity to personally meet Jake Adams from Reef Builders, I was certainly looking forward to that magical day.  Jake had a way of knowing almost everyone in the business with his plethora of reefing knowledge, he loved expanding meeting every developer in the market he could with the vast amount of trade shows he frequented. 

Reef Builders was founded in 2006 by Ryan Gripp and Micro-Reefs was founded 5 years later in 2011.

In 2012 Reef Builders reviewed our line of cold water systems at Reefapalooza.  Several other articles were written on RB from our other line of products following our show.  Our company relocated to Florida in 2016 and the name changed as we added Aquariums to the end; Micro-Reefs Aquariums.

In 2019, I was looking forward to designing a new line of cold water aquariums and I wanted to meet Jake Adams and have him do a review on my new products for supporting Cold Water systems, March 2020 Covid 19 placed the world on hold.

We are entering 2023 and my vision was to contact Jake Adams and have him drop my shop and see some of my systems for that special niche in the hobby.  And perhaps to see a Micro-Reefs Aquarium in the Reef Builders Studio, supporting 55 degrees of Coolness.!  Well that day never came, as we lost this iconic figure in the reefing community.  

My heart goes out to his family and friends that new him personally, I salute you Jake, as you left a huge positive imprint in our reefing community.

Here is the article that connected me to Reef Builders from 2012:

• Like 3